Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

National Security angle???

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by slimer13, Dec 5, 2015.

1. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Just something ive been thinking about.

Some have expressed thoughts that since San Bernandino is a terrorism case, rather than a delusional madman, it does nothing to support or hurts the argument for stricter gun laws.

I was wondering if it actually gives more leeway to circumvent the legislative process and impose new regulations in the name of national security?

Yes, no, maybe so?

Hayshaker, Medic! and Sstrand like this.
  2. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

slimer
    Can you say martial law and suspend the Constitution????

Sheldon

oknow, BrentN, BDA.45 and 1 other person like this.
  3. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That SH!T don't work in my house.

BDA.45 and Caveman Jim like this.
  4. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Maybe we are over the hump?
    We know that anyone with a gun can kill us.

But our insistence on self protection has made that point mute!
    Try as they might they won't get our personal means of protection!

Sorry. :s0092:

Caveman Jim and slimer13 like this.
  5. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Come on the liberals aren't quite that bright, don't give 'em any ideas!

6. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I'm right there with you, I think many of us are of that mindset at this point...

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. BrentN

BrentN Kelso Active Member

This looks to be a prime example of what the NSA was supposed to be looking out for. Terrorist contacts, trips to the middle east, visas. Oh, they're probably too busy watching forums like this one for folks with a rifle barrel a few inches shorter that what is deemed "legal".

41Slinger, Heywood and Sstrand like this.
  8. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

41Slinger likes this.
  9. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

All I'm saying that is if they can gut the 4th after 9/11, they might go for the 2nd this time.

Something to be watching for.

nammac likes this.
  10. DMcGPNW

DMcGPNW SW WA Member

I believe this angle will be pushed. 2A proponents need to be aware of the rationale. I have read quotes from the president saying, the laws must be changed to make it more difficult for dangerous people to get guns, in response to the shooting. The upshot here being that neither shooter had a criminal history and any restriction based on religion or travel wouldn't pass constitutional muster, so that leaves blanket restrictions.

I heard a discussion on the radio where one of the commentators stated that Americans need to have a discussion on what freedoms we are willing to trade for our security. This discussion has been had before and the answer should remain none if we are to remain a free society.

The "Government" does not exist to protect us. It is the physical manifestation of the will of the people. We protect ourselves, and we must remain free to do so effectively. Call it a failure of high school civics, but there is a growing group who believe the rights of the individual are granted and maintained by the government. We need to remind Americans of civic responsibility and the constant vigilance needed to maintain a free society.

Rant Finished

41Slinger and slimer13 like this.