JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Vote Counts: YEAs 58
NAYs 39
Not Voting 3

Alphabetical by Senator Name

Know your enemies!

Akaka (D-HI), Nay
Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Barrasso (R-WY), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Begich (D-AK), Yea
Bennet (D-CO), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Nay
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Nay
Brown (D-OH), Nay

Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Burris (D-IL), Nay
Byrd (D-WV), Not Voting
Cantwell (D-WA), Nay
Cardin (D-MD), Nay
Carper (D-DE), Nay

Casey (D-PA), Yea
Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
Coburn (R-OK), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Corker (R-TN), Yea
Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
DeMint (R-SC), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Nay
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Nay
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Nay
Franken (D-MN), Nay
Gillibrand (D-NY), Nay

Graham (R-SC), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagan (D-NC), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Nay

Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Nay
Isakson (R-GA), Yea
Johanns (R-NE), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kaufman (D-DE), Nay
Kennedy (D-MA), Not Voting
Kerry (D-MA), Nay
Klobuchar (D-MN), Nay
Kohl (D-WI), Nay

Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Nay
Leahy (D-VT), Nay
Levin (D-MI), Nay
Lieberman (ID-CT), Nay

Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Nay
Martinez (R-FL), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McCaskill (D-MO), Nay
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Menendez (D-NJ), Nay
Merkley (D-OR), Nay
Mikulski (D-MD), Not Voting
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Nay
Nelson (D-FL), Nay
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Nay
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Risch (R-ID), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Nay
Sanders (I-VT), Nay
Schumer (D-NY), Nay

Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shaheen (D-NH), Nay
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (D-PA), Nay
Stabenow (D-MI), Nay

Tester (D-MT), Yea
Thune (R-SD), Yea
Udall (D-CO), Yea
Udall (D-NM), Yea
Vitter (R-LA), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Nay
Warner (D-VA), Yea
Webb (D-VA), Yea
Whitehouse (D-RI), Nay
Wicker (R-MS), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Nay

I actually called Merkley's office this moroning(though that's a spelling error it may be more accurate when our Senators are involved).....you ought to hear his press release......."blah, blah, we don't want the States to be subject to Federal regulation in something that should be the State's business, don't want other States with lower restrictions to allow concealed carry holders in Oregon........blah, blah"......I asked the press release be read to me by the nice guy in the Portland Office that answered. The interesting thing is when I asked the guy if he was aware that the requirements for CHL holder in Oregon were some of the lowest in the States, and that this was a benefit to Oregon, it seemed like a revelation. Wasn't Merkley a State Senator or Representative first? He should know this.

Its unfortunate that all Senators from OR and WA voted NO! This has nothing to do with Federal regulation just as a DL has nothing to do with Federal Regulation its simply gives recognition in a similar way.

C&P

"One thing to remember here -- the vote on the amendment actually passed, by a sizable majority.

The only reason that it "failed" is that slime-ball Schumer promised a filibuster.
The way the Senate works is that you don't actually have to carry out your filibuster, just claim that you will do one - the, since it needs 60 votes to override a filibuster, they assume that the filibuster will succeed, and just say that the vote fails.

This, of course, is stupidity. Anyone who wants to play that particular ace should be forced to carry through with it."

C&P

"One thing to remember here -- the vote on the amendment actually passed, by a sizable majority.

The only reason that it "failed" is that slime-ball Schumer promised a filibuster.

Sorry but I cant agree with that. The reason it did not pass is because we have too many anti-gun liberals on the payroll back there. This issue was a foregone conclusion and was decided long before the vote, in the back rooms of the assembly halls. Sure, they can make all the pro-gun posturing they want before the vote, but that is all that it was. They all knew what the vote was going to be before it was made. But this way, dont you feel so much better that there was so much support for the ammendment ?:s0112:

C&P

Sorry but I cant agree with that. The reason it did not pass is because we have too many anti-gun liberals on the payroll back there. This issue was a foregone conclusion and was decided long before the vote, in the back rooms of the assembly halls. Sure, they can make all the pro-gun posturing they want before the vote, but that is all that it was. They all knew what the vote was going to be before it was made. But this way, dont you feel so much better that there was so much support for the ammendment ?:s0112:

Oh I agree, I predict a future of "oh sorry it just about passed, better luck next time, I did what I could" when in reality this was decided and the votes tallied in advance!

I'm very happy to see a bunch of D's voted for it and only two R's voted against it.

Ya Joey, only two R's voted against it.

R is for R.h I.N.O. *Republican in name only

One thing though, I bet all the guys engaged in the business of putting on Utah and Florida CHL classes are breathing a sigh of relief. Thats It !!! the vote was part of the job stimulus plan !

At least the majority is for it and when the dem's most likely lose congress next year I bet it will be pushed through again. I can't wait for congress to change. That's CHANGE I believe in. Good luck.

Scott

The Democans and Republicrats are interchangable...

The only difference between the two is ie: If the Democrats voted to burn down the Library of Congress tomorrow, the Republicans would propose phasing it in over a three day period.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top