JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hate to part with this one, but I just don't shoot it. It's even prettier in person! $2000, buyer pays transfer fees

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0492.jpg

Some close up pictures of the NM barrel marking and receiver bedding??
Type 1 or 2 NM??? Any idea on round count? Barrel throat and muzzle
readings???:oops::oops::oops:

Sorry for the crappy phone pics. as to your other questions: I'm not sure on Type. I would assume 1 because only the barrel is stamped. Is that correct? no idea on round count, etc, but it looks very clean.
image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG

Beautiful looking Garand, but ron's right, you should post those readings to help with a high dollar Garand sale.

Has this finish been varnished?

Your M1 should have markings on the heel of the receiver like this,
m1g.jpg

Or possibly on the side of the receiver like this.
m1side.jpg

Also please do post up photos of the operating rod markings, trigger group markings, bolt markings etc etc etc

Thanks, it's stored in my safe.
Years ago late 1960s- I did ruin a favorite rifle of mine, keeping it in a positive vapor lock case similar to the one you have shown.
In just over one years time the barrel pitted to the interior and nothing else was affected.
I feel bad for mentioning this and would like to apologize for possible being a bit out of line, my intention was for you to be aware of my loss using such a case for long term storage!
What a nice piece of history you have there and one of the few dreams I never have fulfilled.

Silver Hand

No worries Silver Hand, no offense taken!

Velzey, thank you, I don't really know what markings folks would want to see. I have to head out of town for a bit but will work on that when I get home!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.