JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to be a margarita guy. But too many places could only make a terrible copy. Only two places had, what I thought, a good margarita. A little Mexican dive bar/restaurant on NE Halsey and 60th called "Blaze Jose's" At happy hour he'd have two blenders going practically solid for two hours. His margaritas had enough tequila you could taste it and not too sweet/sour. And blended to perfection without a bunch of liquid on the bottom. The other best was at Jake's Grill, downtown potland. No mix used. That place was way above my pay grade though. Only went like four times in 20 years.

Tons of ways to make them.

I use Lun Azul tequila, fresh lime juice, and Fresca. Salt rim. Play with the mix for a few days to find the combo you like best.

If I don't care about carbs I'll substitute fresh grapefruit juice and a splash of club soda for the Fresca.

Mexicans love grapefruit soda.

Fresca soda? That recipe is very similar to a margarita, except using soda instead of triple sec.

Probably not for me, I don't care for grapefruit anything. But thanks!

Have you tried Mojitos ?

Fresca soda? That recipe is very similar to a margarita, except using soda instead of triple sec.

Probably not for me, I don't care for grapefruit anything. But thanks!

Have you tried Mojitos ?
Mmm, Mojito's! I've got some real nice spearmint that grows around my compost bin. As I heard, they came up with the Mojito to cover up the horrible taste of the rot-gut rum made in the Caribbean states/islands back in the day. I/we discovered that the two of us could could polish of half a fifth of rum in not much time. And dinner would be late.
But I loved 'em!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top