JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NG and the History Channel as well as other MSM sources are usually not good sources on such subjects. Sad, because I once thought these sources of information were solid and unbiased. I'll take a peek tomorrow when it re-airs, but not hopeful. My guess is they chose extreme cases to profile in order to make all people who prepare seem a little silly. I may be wrong.

IMO the planned and orchestrated economic collapse is a certainty and the majority do not wish to prepare on any level. That is simply because people believe only things that bring them comfort. Most of the American people fall into that category -- head in the sand, delusional, out of sight, out of mind types.

NG and the History Channel as well as other MSM sources are usually not good sources on such subjects. Sad, because I once thought these sources of information were solid and unbiased. I'll take a peek tomorrow when it re-airs, but not hopeful. My guess is they chose extreme cases to profile in order to make all people who prepare seem a little silly. I may be wrong.

IMO the planned and orchestrated economic collapse is a certainty and the majority do not wish to prepare on any level. That is simply because people believe only things that bring them comfort. Most of the American people fall into that category -- head in the sand, delusional, out of sight, out of mind types.

WOW Watch the Show before you slam it. I saw NO bias one way or the other. It basically just laid out what the people did to prepare and gave a very short rating by some expert and a few suggestions on how the family could improve their options.

I watched it a couple weeks ago. The families on the East Coast (I think it was the third family profiled) has a great setup. I would be open to joining a group like that locally if there was one available.

I Lisa Bedford of TheSurvivalMom.com blog wes on there and apparently they edited quite a bit of what she originally said to make it seem that prepping is all that her family is about. The show isn't as bad as some of the ones I've seen, but it did make the families seem a little kookie.
Just my 2 cents...

I was pleasantly surprised. Made preppers out as logical and rational. Not bad. If solar flares or polar shifts don't get us in the next couples years the slow decent of the economy into oblivion will. There is simply no way to stop it at this point.

Especially liked the first guy's attitude. He showed that you don't have to be negative, sad and gloomy to be a prepared individual. Prepping may be futile if things get really bad, for instance a pole shift. I don't think there is anything the common man can do to prep for that. Odds are more likely the 'disaster' to have to cope with will be closed bank doors, empty shelves, no tap water, no electricity, riots, gangs, etc. What real 'things' you have when SHTF is all you'll have for months. Either you are prepared or dead.

Odds are more likely the 'disaster' to have to cope with will be closed bank doors, empty shelves, no tap water, no electricity, riots, gangs, etc. What real 'things' you have when SHTF is all you'll have for months. Either you are prepared or dead.

I was raised in the "dust bowl" area of the country (Texas) by grandparents that lived thru the depression so I have always been something of a "prepper" simply because the event was so traumatic for my family that they always put up food for several years and always worried about another depression. But I was never too interested in actually researching the depression till a few years ago when I read a book called "The Worst Hard Time". I highly recommend preppers under the age of 50 to read it. I assume those of us over 50 learned from our grandparents about how the depression affected them...but most under that age have not experienced such hard times. Our government has not learned from it's past IMHO and we are doomed to repeat those hard times.

What the book "The Worse Hard Time" taught me was that if Wall Street loses money on commodities (wheat, pork, corn etc) then that product will sit and rot for lack of transportation to the market and people will not get food where they need it. My family had a family farm and during the depression they had to kill and bury 40 hogs because there was no money for feed and no market or transportation to the market. People were starving all over the place in the cities...but they could only trade in their local rural area or give away so much pork locally before there was no other option but to kill and bury those 40 hogs. The government paid them to kill the hogs a dollar or so for each one. In the meantime there was huge piles of grain rotting beside the train tracks all over Texas because there was no money for transportation and no market for the grain.

You have to know that times were tough to have livestock starve to death or killed for lack of feed. All because Wall Street lost money on commodities and there was no money for transportation. I worry less about magnetic pole shifting or climate change...and more about our dependence on cross country food distribution issues and our reliance on mass farming industries because if there is no money to be made....then those large farming concerns will not be shipping food if they can't make money on it...and we will do without food on the grocery shelves.

Well, in the first Great Depression the US was pretty much one giant farm and seven million people starved to death. This time the number will be much, much higher. We are in a worse position now in every way. Or another comparison that comes up is the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1989-1990. They were much more able to cope than we are right now.

No longer does America have a population of innovative hard workers ready to roll their sleeves up and face every challenge. Now we have a nation of lemmings ready to bend a knee to every lie and abuse while twittering away their lifes, literally.

The banksters have all their ducks in a row and Americans are dumbed down, Pharm-drugged, non thinking zombies. I call it like I see it. In the 1880s, people were 10x more informed about reality than they are now. We think we are smarter now but we are not even close. It would take someone with a master's degree today to take a test given to a 13 year old back then.

They hung the banksters from street poles because they knew they were the parasites trying to destroy the nation. Today, people are absolutely clueless as to why we have economic cycles in the first place. As the truck runs them over they won't get the license place, so to speak.

Hats off to the families that were shown on this TV show for at least being awake enough to see the truck coming.

I just saw the preview for show, I hope it is better than the pilots were last fall, but the link shows its schedule.

<broken link removed>

After clicking on the link, click on the date block and go to 2/7/2012 looks like they two shows scheduled for the first night

Apparently I have been living under a rock. So this show has already had a season? I JUST saw a preview for it a few minutes ago and thought it was something new - and then I found this thread.

lots of us have been prepping long before prepping got to be such a hot topic. one of the first thing we thought about when we bought this place
#1 will it flood? seems darned strange to me how many people will move into a flood plane
#2 will the property slide, seems darned strange to me how many people will put their home in a slide area
#3 if there is a wild fire will this property be involved
#4 are there hurricanes/tornadoes? cant for the life of me figure out why people stay in those areas
#5 how many escape routes are there?
#6 are the neighbors reasonably trustworthy? luckily no crackheads. all homeowners
#7 i guess we have been prepping for years without really even thinking about it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top