Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

National gaurd men punished for photo shoot

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by husker, Nov 2, 2014.

1. husker

husker portland Active Member

Utah National Guard disciplines four servicemen over bikini-model video

Alex Dobuzinskis, Reuters
    First posted: Sunday, November 02, 2014 01:19 AM EST | Updated: Sunday, November 02, 2014 01:30 AM EST
    1297625401002_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x
    A screenshot image from a promotional video for the Hot Shots calendar. (Hot Shots Calendar/YouTube)
    pin_it_button.png
    Report an error
    The Utah National Guard is forcing an officer into early retirement for his involvement in a video featuring bikini-clad models riding in a tank, and three other service members face lesser discipline, a guard spokesman said on Saturday.
    The non-commissioned officer allowed part of the video, which surfaced on the Internet last month, to be produced at Camp Williams in the Salt Lake Valley, said National Guard spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Steve Fairbourn.
    At one point in the video, a promotion for a calendar shoot, models in camouflage bikinis climb into a tank, with one saying in a British accent "Come in my ride?"
    The photos are set to appear in the 2015 "Hot Shots Calendar," produced by a company of the same name, with a percentage of proceeds going toward wounded British and American veterans, according to its website.

Video in link. Not work safe or kid safe. http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/0...iplines-four-soldiers-over-bikini-model-video

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Meh, they should have properly run this up the chain of command and obtained authorization in writing.

Although the behind the scenes video left me all (pleasantly) tingly inside, it definitely would have been a hostile work environment to any female soldiers in the unit (unless they swing that way, but generally not).

It was a bad judgement call by those NG personnel without that authorization from higher command.

3. husker

husker portland Active Member

I was in thr NG for 8 yrs. I think our CO would have given them a pass. He would of had some choice words for them behind closed doors. I think because it made the news they were forced to do something.
    This will just help sales of the calendar.

4. Stomper

I promise you, the hammer came down from higher than their CO.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

As much as I support our troops, and LOVE ogling nubile bimbage, I have to question this lack of judgement. Even when you have no regard for your own career, you have to think about who else might swirl down the drain with you in the vortice.

Who the hell did this commander think he was, Eric Holder?

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  6. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I personally think of all the tax money crapped away this was tax money put to dang good use!

7. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

commander? the story says "The non-commissioned officer allowed part of the video"

8. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

You are correct Mark.

I read the whole article - and watched the video too. "Officer" in the lead paragraph stuck in my mind (recalling the Tailhook debacle from when I served). I should've said "NCO." Sadly I doubt that's all the higher this might go.

The point I was making is that you have to be much higher in the food chain, and close to the prez, to shrug off any size screw up with a simple "my bad."

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  9. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hope that wasn't videoed in the desert, :eek:
    some of those "Buns" would have burned in those steel ovens.:p

10. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Dumb! NG no likey!

11. Stomper

O
    I'm sure there was a ready supply of butter for those buns too... had it been requested. :rolleyes: