JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Utah National Guard disciplines four servicemen over bikini-model video

Alex Dobuzinskis, Reuters
First posted: Sunday, November 02, 2014 01:19 AM EST | Updated: Sunday, November 02, 2014 01:30 AM EST
1297625401002_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x
A screenshot image from a promotional video for the Hot Shots calendar. (Hot Shots Calendar/YouTube)
pin_it_button.png
[URL='http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/02/utah-national-guard-disciplines-four-soldiers-over-bikini-model-video#'][URL='http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/02/utah-national-guard-disciplines-four-soldiers-over-bikini-model-video#']3
Report an error
The Utah National Guard is forcing an officer into early retirement for his involvement in a video featuring bikini-clad models riding in a tank, and three other service members face lesser discipline, a guard spokesman said on Saturday.
The non-commissioned officer allowed part of the video, which surfaced on the Internet last month, to be produced at Camp Williams in the Salt Lake Valley, said National Guard spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Steve Fairbourn.
At one point in the video, a promotion for a calendar shoot, models in camouflage bikinis climb into a tank, with one saying in a British accent "Come in my ride?"
The photos are set to appear in the 2015 "Hot Shots Calendar," produced by a company of the same name, with a percentage of proceeds going toward wounded British and American veterans, according to its website.

Video in link. Not work safe or kid safe. http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/0...iplines-four-soldiers-over-bikini-model-video[/URL][/URL]

Meh, they should have properly run this up the chain of command and obtained authorization in writing.

Although the behind the scenes video left me all (pleasantly) tingly inside, it definitely would have been a hostile work environment to any female soldiers in the unit (unless they swing that way, but generally not).

It was a bad judgement call by those NG personnel without that authorization from higher command.

I was in thr NG for 8 yrs. I think our CO would have given them a pass. He would of had some choice words for them behind closed doors. I think because it made the news they were forced to do something.
This will just help sales of the calendar.

As much as I support our troops, and LOVE ogling nubile bimbage, I have to question this lack of judgement. Even when you have no regard for your own career, you have to think about who else might swirl down the drain with you in the vortice.

Who the hell did this commander think he was, Eric Holder?

As much as I support our troops, and LOVE ogling nubile bimbage, I have to question this lack of judgement. Even when you have no regard for your own career, you have to think about who else might swirl down the drain with you in the vortice.

Who the hell did this commander think he was, Eric Holder?

commander? the story says "The non-commissioned officer allowed part of the video"

You are correct Mark.

I read the whole article - and watched the video too. "Officer" in the lead paragraph stuck in my mind (recalling the Tailhook debacle from when I served). I should've said "NCO." Sadly I doubt that's all the higher this might go.

The point I was making is that you have to be much higher in the food chain, and close to the prez, to shrug off any size screw up with a simple "my bad."

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads