JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But then the next step the local goosesteppers will try will be "magazine restrictions," "no 'assault pistols'" (ex., AR pistol or 1927A5 Thompson)... if they can't ban carry, they can make it impossible to have a "compliant weapon."

And oh BTW, since you can get 10+-rd. mags for 'em, Ferguson's ban makes the 1911 and even the WWI-vintage DWM Luger "assault weapons".

But then the next step the local goosesteppers will try will be "magazine restrictions," "no 'assault pistols'" (ex., AR pistol or 1927A5 Thompson)... if they can't ban carry, they can make it impossible to have a "compliant weapon."

And oh BTW, since you can get 10+-rd. mags for 'em, Ferguson's ban makes the 1911 and even the WWI-vintage DWM Luger "assault weapons".
I don't use 10 rounders in my 1911 anyways. Go ahead and try to call my 1911 an assault weapon.

I don't use 10 rounders in my 1911 anyways. Go ahead and try to call my 1911 an assault weapon.
I'm right there with you (mine is truly my MY COLD DEAD HANDS gun because it's all I have to remember a young lady I once loved and devoted my life to keeping safe by), but the wording on the Ferguson draft is "if it can accept a mag >10," not "if it has one installed".

See the tail end of Bob Fergusons Ban on Commonly Owned Semi-Autos

Actually, in your case it'd be Bloody Brownstain... we can safely assume that the WA and OR ASAB's are working together against us.
I have said this before and I mean it today. If and when they come to take my firearms away I will no longer need them when I am done.

So I read the first little bit and it's saying it's going to do the same as having a Utah ,Florida,Idaho permits will do. Apps it's doing is letting people who can carry in their home state carry in states where it's legal to carry:confused:
BFD
That's already in action. The states I have mentioned (plus a few more) won't let you carry anyway. And never will.
Sooo a few wannabee redneck politicians are stoking all us to make it look like they are on our side.
LOOK I did good huh?
Bunch of BS

Where this bill will get the most resistance, is the part that reads, "is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides". This would allow those in constitutional carry states with no permit or background check to carry in other states.
For this bill to pass, we will need a few Dems to vote for it. This section may scare them off.
Hopefully it will fail.

I finally had a chance to read the bill. All and all the wording is pretty well done. As I imagined, there is nothing in there about federal training, licensing, etc., nor does it create a new bureaucracy. It also has some "teeth", in the form civil action, for any pinhead official that tries to enforce a BS law despite the statute.

This bill protects the second amendment, preventing states from restricting it. It's not centralizing power any more than the second amendment does.

Exactly.

Where this bill will get the most resistance, is the part that reads, "is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides". This would allow those in constitutional carry states with no permit or background check to carry in other states.
For this bill to pass, we will need a few Dems to vote for it. This section may scare them off.

I noticed that too. I believe you are referencing page 3, line items 1—3. And, indeed, I could see the anti-RKBA crew pouncing on this one. If I was a betting man, I'd wager the "constitutional carry" part doesn't make it in final bill, if there is one.

(other than a machinegun or destructive device)

Is it just me or does that phrase kinda leaves things open ended? :rolleyes: Some of those wing nuts see a BB gun as a destructive device and would probably shoot there eye out if they ever used one.

While I wouldn't put anything past the anti-2A crew, the DD angle is, imho, unlikely. The category of destructive device is pretty well defined in 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(4) and 26 U.S.C. § 5845(f)(2). No regular, Title I handgun on the market falls in that category.

I'm guessing they added that language because there are some handgun-shaped firearms that are machine-guns (e.g., Mauser M712 Schnellfeuer, Glock 18, et al.) or a destructive device (e.g., bore > .50"). Curiously, there is no mention AOW handguns (e.g., smooth-bore handguns, disguised handguns, et al.).

This bill defines magazines and ammo as part of the handgun, and thus appears to supercede state magazine capacity limits (for handguns). I can cut and paste the relevant text from the bill once I crawl out of bed.

The author was wise to add that. The immunity would be pretty useless if they could still nail someone for the magazine that was inserted in the handgun.

Anyway, it will be interesting to follow. The president elect spoke at some length concerning protecting the Second Amendment and his campaign site specifically stated advocacy for CCW/CHL reciprocity. What comes of that remains to be seen though.

Last Edited:
While I'm generally opposed to this subject due to my fear that the gov't will wind up with my name on a list, the benefits of this vastly outweigh my fears. Look at all the people killed in some cities, We the People need more rights, dammit

Lol, muhahahahahaha.

That's funny you think your not on a list already.
Pretty sure once you sign into any firearms website you automatically hit their ish list.

I would be proud to be on it.

Lol, muhahahahahaha.

That's funny you think your not on a list already.
Pretty sure once you sign into any firearms website you automatically hit their ish list.

I would be proud to be on it.

Oh Geez, do you think my having 2 prior felonies coulda put little ol' me on a list?:eek:

Hopefully you won't hafta commit two felonies to get on that list:D

Last Edited:
I haven't read the bill yet, but I like the premise. To me this is some pol starting to fight "back". I like that too. For me, the second amendment should be like the first. Nation wide!!! Protected by federal law, without exception. I like trumps idea that if it is not covered by the constitution, then state laws may regulate. The second ammendment is covered by the constitution. Therefore nationwide.
To me, per the dept. Of energy rules, that I work for, I may not alter any tool or device without express "written" instruction from the manufacturer. To me, that means that I "shall" not alter the magazine to accept more or less ammunition than is expressly described by the manufacturer. I'm hoping dejauve is coming full circle back to the politicians that are telling me where and how to alter my firearm to meet their regulations. Nation wide!!!

Lists? If there's a new one, sign me up. I was once on a batfe list so I could purchase and another to use high power model rocket motors and igniters to launch high power model rockets. Atf came around once a year to inspect everything especially inventory and storeage. Nothing more fun than taking a day off work and sitting down for 3 hours with a geek atf agent just so you could launch some really big and noisy rockets with your kids and grandkids. Fortunately nar sued atf and and won to have our hobby recreational.
If you are on alist, flood it with americanism, they won't be able to keep up.:D;):eek::rolleyes::mad:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top