JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun Control That Actually Works
By ALAN BERLOWMAY 31, 2016

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/31/o...version=Full&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

Alan Berlow, who has written frequently about the National Rifle Association, is the author of "Dead Season: A Story of Murder and Revenge."

"... the N.R.A. president, Karl Frederick, effectively endorsed registration of all firearms and licensing of gun owners: "I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons," he once said. "I think it should be sharply restricted and only under license."

"The case for licensing and registration is stronger now than ever. Yet to today's N.R.A. such measures are an existential threat to the Second Amendment. "

The National Firearms Act is why we can't just go purchase a suppressor.

And the SCOTUS decision that upheld it, US v. MILLER, was decided without any argument from the defendants (didn't show up). The decision was based on the court'S conclusion that sawn off shotguns are not useful as military or militia arms.

And the SCOTUS decision that upheld it, US v. MILLER, was decided without any argument from the defendants (didn't show up). The decision was based on the court'S conclusion that sawn off shotguns are not useful as military or militia arms.
Good info here:
http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/us_v_miller/

The defendants couldn't afford to show up. The $200 tax stamp eventually imposed back then last time I checked would equal something like $6000 today and no hillbilly moonshiner could afford that let alone have the wherewithal to drive north to face trial.

Also since the FiBs had such a hard time catching moonshiners in the act, the one thing they did notice is most carried sawed off shotguns, and that would give then cause for arrest on federal charges.

blah blah blah, tired of the same arguments over and over with the comments filled with "its not a militia" crap.

Put a $200 tax on every "oped" article after registering the "journalist" who then waits 3 months to publish the artlcle and has to produce his tax stamp at any time and then we can talk.

blah blah blah, tired of the same arguments over and over with the comments filled with "its not a militia" crap.

Put a $200 tax on every "oped" article after registering the "journalist" who then waits 3 months to publish the artlcle and has to produce his tax stamp at any time and then we can talk.

Bolus tantrum attacking the media. This should be good for a few days of coverage / ad revenue.

Bolus tantrum attacking the media. This should be good for a few days of coverage / ad revenue.
me right now
f14a40e7da59f210940f6a706700ce39.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews