JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WOW except for Okra most of the items listed here are some of my favorites.

Liver and Onions with Mashed Potatoes and brown gravy are a treat around here.
Liverwurst/Braunschweiger both cold and fried
Any Gizzard, Kidney, Rocky Mountain Oyster, Heart, what ever

Now I suppose you all would turn up your noses at Dog, Cat, Rattlesnake, Frog, Alligator, Nutria, Beaver, Crawdads etc.

Well Mark, I've had every thing on the bottom rows except Beaver. Don't care much for 'Gator though. Little too reptilian. Rocky Mtn Oysters though, they're the Bomb!!!

Last Edited:
balut.jpg Balut! Favorite snack food of inlaws of mine. balut.jpg

I'm not real picky when it comes to eating, almost anything is endanger of being consumed if I'm around, we grew up with little and made do.
But that being said,,,My Mothers side of the family had a fondness for Limburger cheese.
I swear, after holiday get togethers the whole house would smell like a herd of cattle had bivouacked and defecated indoors after a weekend of it and Andres cold duck consumption, it was almost like a competition to see who could eat the most of the disgusting gut rot stuff and still remain among the living.
OMG the flatulence that came from that combination would require a new coat of paint be applied over the peeling walls.
I would rather eat the arse out of a road killed Skunk than that.

Brains with scrambled eggs and maybe some sweetbreads added.

Tongue sandwhich.

MDC (mech. deboned chicken) is good just add salt and fry up patties. The beef version LFTB (lean fine texture beef) is dry and needs fat added.

Liverwurst/Braunschweiger sandwich with onion.

Chicken livers,gizzards,hearts with gravy on rice.

Beef or deer liver cooked with butter and onion in iron skillet.

I'm hoping these are ALL things that you like,, cause man thats all good stuff right there,, umm huh.

Sweet pickles (whole or relish), green olives, anchovies.

I'd sit and grimmace over hot tuna casserole as a kid and my folks would say, "You're not leaving the table until you finish." They'd go do other stuff and I'd wait until no one was looking to make my move. Mom would watch me put my empty plate in the sink, never noticing the heavy thud my big balled up paper napkin made when I dropped it in the trash.

WOW except for Okra most of the items listed here are some of my favorites.

Liver and Onions with Mashed Potatoes and brown gravy are a treat around here.
Liverwurst/Braunschweiger both cold and fried
Any Gizzard, Kidney, Rocky Mountain Oyster, Heart, what ever

Now I suppose you all would turn up your noses at Dog, Cat, Rattlesnake, Frog, Alligator, Nutria, Beaver, Crawdads etc.
Actually, had dog in Korea... not so bad, rattlesnake is different but not bad, frogs are ok... no my favorite but not bad, alligator good taste but I am allergic to it(found out the hard way), Nutria is decent...
Will eat most things I know I am not allergic to, except the stuff that swims... no thank you..

Mush.. just Quaker brand oatmeal. Once a week, my ma would russle up a cauldron before school. Think 0430hrs and I'd (my brothers ate it) sit there and add all the fixings.. brown sugar, rasins, butter, milk, whatever and never eat a bite.. yuck.
I eat oatmeal now but that stuff was just nasty.

My grandparents use to eat Limburger cheese. That stuff smelled so bad they kept it in the garage so the could have guest over.

Ditto with my grandparents. I learned to like Limberger about the time I became an adult! "Once you get past the smell you've got it licked!"

My ancestors were Pennsylvania Dutch on one side, so head cheese has always been a family "favorite". On my mother's side we're Scots, so there was always talk of haggis, but I never saw any on the table (thank God)!

One day sitting around at camp in West Virginia...

[Let me explain here that "camp" is the farm and cabin that have been in the family since well before the Civil War. "Camp" sits on the bank of a river, and it's where all male family members periodically go to ostensibly deer hunt and fish. "Sitting around" includes large amounts of Jack Daniels and less refined local products, oddball food items, playing cards, stringed musical instruments, fine tobacco, and tall tales.]

...a neighbor from down the road dropped by. Floyd had been hunting ground hogs with his trusty .22 Magnum rifle, and had been musing about what one might possibly taste like if boiled up with an onion or two and maybe a couple jalapeños from the garden. My cousin, Bob, was never one to refuse a culinary challenge, so into the pot (cooking type) it went. After several pots (poker type), and a few rounds of distilled spirits to go with each pot (poker type) we deemed ourselves, if not the groundhog, ready for a tasting. The meat was indeed falling off the bone, but fishing it out of the 1/2" of aromatic grease floating on top of the oily "stew" was not for the faint of heart. It tasted and smelled pretty much like you'd expect an old sock to taste and smell after being boiled for a couple hours, but it gained some respectability when some chopped habanero peppers from the garden were added over the top, along with some Louisiana hot sauce. All things considered, I'd rather eat stewed groundhog with habanero peppers and a good glass of local moonshine than be tossed out of a strip joint on Hotel Street in Honolulu for biting one of the strippers on the leg. I have fond memories of both experiences, but don't really want to repeat either one.

Last Edited:
"tossed out of a strip joint on Hotel Street in Honolulu for biting one of the strippers on the leg. I have fond memories of both experiences, but don't really want to repeat either one."

Choked on my damn peanuts laughing.. LMFAO

I gave one a poke with the tip of a beer bottle in Guam. Got hit with several chairs, a damn high heel and maced on my back and back of head. FUN!

My parents grew up on farms in Nebraska. My father considered brains and eggs to be a treat and my mother used to make fried corn meal mush. I actually kind of liked the mush with butter and salt, but no one else I have met likes it.

My wife tells me I have little room to talk as chorizo and eggs is one of my favorite breakfasts. She tells me to read the label on the package. I don't think I will ruin it.

As a former meat cutter, I say Do Not Read The Label. :eek:

My dad grew and ground his own horseradish. A tear gas grenade would have been no more effective at clearing the house than the fumes from grinding horseradish root. It literally brought tears to the eyes a couple rooms away.

Ah, the childhood memories of butchering days...

Beefheart? Yum! Tongue? Ditto! Liver? I prayed it was not raining, because I literally had to leave the house when it was cooking to avoid projectile vomiting. No matter how it was prepared, I could never stand the stuff. Headcheese is another stomach turner.

I'm told that my Finnish grandfather's occasional use of fish head stew, blood sausage or lutefisk had the same effect on my father and his siblings...

"After Finland, [Britain is] the country with the worst food." -Jacques Chirac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top