JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I swiped this idea from rick49's Bologna thread. What disgusting thing did your parents or grand's eat that just put your guts into a turmoil?
Me first! Granddad, besides Norwegian stuff, vanilla ice cream smothered in black pepper! Yuck! My dad, a bowl with a piece of toast in it, covered with stewed tomatoes on top, another toast, more stewed tomatoes, two very loose poached eggs w/salt and pepper, nearly covered with milk and a teaspoon of sugar sprinkled over the top! What did your ancestors try to commit seppuku from the inside with?

pig blood chocolate pudding... :(
lamb - head, brains, all of it! :(
1st experience with snails - live, climbing on the walls...
1st experience with a turkey - live - I had to hold the head while Grandma cut it off with a knife!! :(

So much more...hey, I'm Italian!! :)

Every once in a while my mom would make liver & onions. God D*** I hated that stuff. The only thing I ever outright refused to eat from my mom. I'd rather take punishment than eat it.

Last Edited:
I knew liver and onions were coming. I hated them too until my cousins mother in law made them from fresh liver from a cow my cousin raised. She cooked it differently than i had ever had before. She is Alaska Native and could probably make anything taste good. I was Nursing a 5th of July hang over and it tasted so damn good.

Vanilla ice cream and pepper? yeah, I can see the appeal of the fire and ice combo. I'll make myself a PBJ sandwich and add a bit of Sriracha sauce to it for the same effect; sort of a Thai variation of the old classic

I guess that's probably not much worse than me putting cayenne pepper on desserts. Chocolate cookies are my favorite sweet to pepper. I've never tried ice cream. It definitely has to be cayenne, though- I wouldn't do that with black pepper. The burnt flavor of black pepper doesn't usually jive with my pallet to begin with.

I guess that's probably not much worse than me putting cayenne pepper on desserts. Chocolate cookies are my favorite sweet to pepper. I've never tried ice cream. It definitely has to be cayenne, though- I wouldn't do that with black pepper. The burnt flavor of black pepper doesn't usually jive with my pallet to begin with.
Chocolate and chilies go well together.

Danish Grandfather
- Strawberries and Akavet (take a bite of strawberry, chase it with Akavet)
- thin hard pumpernickel bread, butter, avocado
- lutefisk and Akavet (right out of the jar, right out of the bottle)
- Olympia beer and Vanilla ice cream

Redneck Grandfather
- SOS.... there was more grease than gravy
- canned his own jalapeno peppers, ate them like candy... they were hot as hell
- jalapeno peppers with a brandy chaser

mother- peanut butter, banana, mayonnaise sandwich

sister - home brewed kimchee

About the only stuff I won't eat is brains, tongues, buttholes and reproductive organs. As a consequence one of the most disgusting things to me is "mechanically separated chicken". I am instantly suspect of any would be breaded fried chicken product. I love a good liverwurst or blutwurst! Might head over to the german deli for some tomorrow.

As far as the sweet and spicy goes... wasabi ice-cream is fantastic!

Oh god, ludefisk... I won't say I won't eat it, but it's not something I particularly enjoy, it's certainly an acquired taste, much more so than gefilte fish. It's like the lighter version of going to a vietnamese place and ordering rice, which ends up covered completely in some kind of fish oil concoction.

About the only stuff I won't eat is brains, tongues, buttholes and reproductive organs. As a consequence one of the most disgusting things to me is "mechanically separated chicken". I am instantly suspect of any would be breaded fried chicken product. I love a good liverwurst or blutwurst!

Brains with scrambled eggs and maybe some sweetbreads added.

Tongue sandwhich.

MDC (mech. deboned chicken) is good just add salt and fry up patties. The beef version LFTB (lean fine texture beef) is dry and needs fat added.

Liverwurst/Braunschweiger sandwich with onion.

Chicken livers,gizzards,hearts with gravy on rice.

Beef or deer liver cooked with butter and onion in iron skillet.

Last Edited:
Home canned blue gill, fins, skin and all. And my dads homemade "cheese" basically it was milk that set on the counter for several weeks then he would boil the liquid off, in the house mind you, what a stink. Boiling rotten chunky milk, nasty! My dad would eat stuff that would make a goat throw up! My wifes uncle liked to eat deer lungs, another one of those things i have no desire to even try.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top