Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Nambu 8mm Type 94 Homliest Semi-Auto Handgun Ever!? (but still cool) $200

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by Dilmonkey, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Dilmonkey

Dilmonkey Beaverton Oregon New Member

The Type 94 Nambu 8mm saw quite a bit of use in WWII and perhaps is the homliest semi auto ever made. It's so ugly it's kind of cute, sort of like our little buddy the possum.

I have a thing for unusual handguns and when I saw this at a shop about 12 years ago, I had to buy it. I remember seeing the ammo show up at gun shows, so it's still available, but it's probably a handloaders round once you get a decent supply of brass.

But I never did shoot it, but it appears to function perfectly and is good mechanical condition. The finish, oh well, what finish! I'm not sure if they even really ever blued these things, or at least not to any extent other than slightly passivating the surface to prevent rust, but certainly not for aesthetics like most other guns.

This gun has a somewhat infamous reputation with the external sear that without the safety on will allow the internal hammer to be released by pushing on it with you thumb etc... and holds own place in WWII history.

It comes with a nice triple K leather holster that fits as if it was made for the little fella and it has two original magazines that are factory serial number matched (last three digits).

I will consider trades for other handguns like .22 etc... although cash is preferred. However, I will also consider trades for high efficiency speakers or possibly audio vacuum tubes.

You don't see these listed on this site (or anywhere really) very often anymore, so if the strange and unusual is your thing here's your chance!

2. coosbaycreep

coosbaycreep 9 miles South of Roseburg Active Member

pm sent

3. gunsmith007

gunsmith007 salem,oregon Member

on the right side of your nambu is there a 3 or digit serial number to the rear of the grip ?and what is that number ?

4. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

I'll take it unconditionally. PM coming.

thirtycal

5. Ownerus

Ownerus South Clackamas Co. Active Member

If these guys don't come through, I'm in Clackamas county, have cash, CWP, and a soft spot in my head for interesting military stuff. :)

6. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Portland, Oregon Member

Somebody else get it, I'd love to have it for my collection but I think someone else would appreciate it more than me. Best of luck, OP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.