JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

"The persons of interest include four adults, two females and two males," said Skidmore. "It also includes a white Subaru Forrester. They were encountered by two people down the trail who provided more descriptions about the number of people. Many people have called in."

Bruce

"The persons of interest include four adults, two females and two males," said Skidmore. "It also includes a white Subaru Forrester. They were encountered by two people down the trail who provided more descriptions about the number of people. Many people have called in."

Bruce
Thanks for the report, Bruce. I would think if the two witnesses knew they were target shooting, it would have been reported. Maybe they were not shooting?

So they were just randomly shooting in an undesignated shooting area?
Dispersed shooting is allowed, unless otherwise posted, and as long as it meets the rules set forth by the agency, state or federal authorities. In the case of a Washington State Forest, the rules are laws within WAC 332-52-145 (website reference: https://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=332-52-145 ). The problem is, not many people bother to look up the rules before they go, nor do they scout the area for situations that may not comply with those rules.

I searched rules from most public land agencies and found they are very 'common sense' and very similar to each other. Therefore, I put together a list of 'Common Rules' on our website page: Shooting Regs. On that page are links to USFS, BLM, OR State & WA State.

First thing I thought when I saw video was it looks and sounds like they were shooting some type of mortar firework onto the hillside. You hear two reports and see smoke in between hillside and vehicle.
Target shooting did not cause this. It does not even sound like gunfire.

First thing I thought when I saw video was it looks and sounds like they were shooting some type of mortar firework onto the hillside. You hear two reports and see smoke in between hillside and vehicle.
Target shooting did not cause this. It does not even sound like gunfire.
I agree at the start of the video we hear a whoosh whoosh like two rockets taking off then one report like one exploded and the other didn't (or they both exploded at the same time). So hard to tell from that video though. I wonder if they have more video.

Btw I noticed that if I watch the embedded video on my phone it doesn't show the whole thing and you can't see that firework? being thrown. But if you watch it on YouTube you can see it. So try opening on YouTube not the embedded one of you can't see the thrown smoking whatever it is.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads