JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've heard that the Nakia Creek fire (SW Washinhton - East of Vancouver) might of started due to gun fire, I hope that's not the case!
Check out this video from the Clark Co. fire marshal site.
(https://clark.wa.gov/community-deve...sistance-identifying-persons-vehicle-interest)
The fire marshal wants to ID the people in the video.

it shows a white SUV and what sounds like gunfire as the fire is just starting.
There's an short zoomed in shot of the vehicle and smoke.

We all need to be fire WISE during the dry months, even during hunting season, like deer hunting just open on Sat.
I don't think these people was hunting!

This could very well be where the fire started. Whether it was from those people shooting, a vehicle passing by that threw out a burning cigarette, or some other cause, is yet to be determined.

Spent all Sunday evacuating people out of there. Hope whoever started it is satisfied.
I drove up to Skamania Mines Rd and the Deputies didn't let me in. So I gave them my phone number and said I'll help evacuate anyone who needs help. Drove around a while and talked to several people who were loading up, but no one needed help. Then drove up to Ireland Rd and they wouldn't let me in there either. Same with Livingston Rd. Finally went home after a visit by Camp Bonneville.

I should have hooked up with you, if I had known.

Bill

You can see the smoke just down from that road in the bottom of the picture.
From the perspective of the photo, it looks like the fire is up near the road, and just down the side. From where they are parked it seems they would likely be shooting downhill towards that log blocking the spur road. Seems to me to be kind of odd throwing a round up the hill towards the road. But then again, some people do odd things.

Also, who ever blocked off that spur road with a log, at that distance from a place to park, should be shot! It encourages people to shoot there because it looks like it's supposed to be a backstop for shooting. Lots of people don't know that shooting into downed logs, stumps and trees can start fires.

I shoot in that forest, called DNR a year ago and asked about shooting in the Burn since we had a good rain after our usual dry summer.

"The forest was never closed to shooting"

I shoot in that forest, called DNR a year ago and asked about shooting in the Burn since we had a good rain after our usual dry summer.

"The forest was never closed to shooting"
I don't think they closed it last year. They have in the past though. However, I may have PCS (Pandamnit Confusion Syndrome) and can't keep the years sorted out!

There is clearly a flare or other smoking object arcing up from about 20yds in front of the truck Early in the video.
It does look like a flare being thrown from the group and shot at!
If that's true, they're a bunch of idiots!
You would think the person that's filming would have call 911, maybe they did?

Also, who ever blocked off that spur road with a log, at that distance from a place to park, should be shot!
No matter where the log sits, people will use it as a back stop to shoot at.
The guy who placed the log is not the one who should be shot.

It encourages people to shoot there because it looks like it's supposed to be a backstop for shooting. Lots of people don't know that shooting into downed logs, stumps and trees can start fires.

all i see is axMx7XL_460s.jpg

I drove up to Skamania Mines Rd and the Deputies didn't let me in. So I gave them my phone number and said I'll help evacuate anyone who needs help. Drove around a while and talked to several people who were loading up, but no one needed help. Then drove up to Ireland Rd and they wouldn't let me in there either. Same with Livingston Rd. Finally went home after a visit by Camp Bonneville.

I should have hooked up with you, if I had known.

Bill
I grabbed up this guy who said he could flag an intersection for us. He was a big help.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top