JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had it less than a month and finally got to put some rounds through it. 25 TNT Maximags and since I got the conversion cylinder, like 75 .22lr.

Awesome little gun. I love it. Not sure if I'll ever use the tritium sights but they are cool. All in all the gun is gorgeous and super high quality.

I've heard these compared to a fine watch and I'd have to agree.
I'm not sure if this is good or bad but it's so small I keep forgetting it's on me. I usually tuck it into my coin pocket of my jeans.

Long story short, if you're on the fence about one of these little NAA revolvers, take the plunge. A ton if fun and it might still save your life in a pinch or at least buy you the time to get away.

15946D54-9D13-4DA7-9A2D-3CB99C0BDE48.jpeg 51C56347-274A-46DC-855A-ADD88C1F0680.jpeg 06327916-A582-4178-AE4C-239C78396D40.jpeg

Neat-o. (I had a short NAA in .22 WMR that I carried similarly in eastern Oregon a long time ago. Beautifully crafted; I shouldn't have sold it off. I'm very tempted by a top-break version of said, but there I go again, I lost my train of thought. Well wishes, amigo.)

I never developed much comfort in handling these tiny things. Impressive build quality for sure.

I've heard the rosewood black widow grips give you quite a bit more to hold on to. I don't mind the little rubber widget that came with it though. It's worlds better than the tiny old school naa rosewood grip inserts.

Neat-o. (I had a short NAA in .22 WMR that I carried similarly in eastern Oregon a long time ago. Beautifully crafted; I shouldn't have sold it off. I'm very tempted by a top-break version of said, but there I go again, I lost my train of thought. Well wishes, amigo.)
FYI I would check out the reviews of the top break model before buying. I have never used it but some people report issues with it opening when cocking the hammer (the release lever being so close to the hammer).

Fwiw I have had good luck with the sidewinder model where the cylinder swings out and you push the pin to extract cases like other larger revolvers. Makes for easy loading with speedloaders too. I agree with the OP, very well made little guns with no slop and no apparent cut corners in manufacturing. 4F8C6953-2649-48C1-B112-E1234937A1C4.jpeg A9C6A47A-943C-48D5-BCFE-955D7DCB0815.jpeg 9B21BBC3-00ED-43C8-B0A2-3E6AA348EBCB.jpeg

I've heard the rosewood black widow grips give you quite a bit more to hold on to. I don't mind the little rubber widget that came with it though. It's worlds better than the tiny old school naa rosewood grip inserts.
FYI they do have larger custom grips available. Can't remember brand name off the top of my head. BFFBCC3B-C247-4052-884F-22632407B9C5.jpeg

I love mine and carry it everywhere in my front pocket. Chuck D Holsters makes a fantastic Kydex pocket holster. He has a store on eBay. I splurged for the "Dude" which is the color case hardened special edition. The rubber grip on the standard stainless Pug is slightly larger than the tiny wood grips and makes it shootable. I've actually made 100 yard shots with mine but you've definitely got to work at it. They are quite accurate. I liked it so much I bought the larger Black Widow that has very nice target sights. I shoot it as accurately as any full size revolver at any distance. I always thought these were novelties but the recent upgrades found in the Pug and Black Widow make them a viable backup carry piece.

86583FF9-F8AA-40ED-8744-6A6BDB65E304.jpeg 6BC22F39-DCA2-45E2-9182-78E5AD76E7C3.jpeg

Funny how things morph throughout time, In my days it was a "watch pocket" not a coin pocket. I still miss them not added to the cargo pants I now wear since I have quite a few pocket watches and do not use a cell phone.
IMGP1097.JPG IMGP0886.JPG

I love mine and carry it everywhere in my front pocket. Chuck D Holsters makes a fantastic Kydex pocket holster. He has a store on eBay. I splurged for the "Dude" which is the color case hardened special edition. The rubber grip on the standard stainless Pug is slightly larger than the tiny wood grips and makes it shootable. I've actually made 100 yard shots with mine but you've definitely got to work at it. They are quite accurate. I liked it so much I bought the larger Black Widow that has very nice target sights. I shoot it as accurately as any full size revolver at any distance. I always thought these were novelties but the recent upgrades found in the Pug and Black Widow make them a viable backup carry piece.

View attachment 831343 View attachment 831344

That color case hardened Pug is awesome! Do they still make that edition?

FYI I know someone who bought a case hardened version from a distributor recently and when he got it it wasn't case hardened at all but had a flat black finish as I recall. Just a data point to keep in mind should an ffl show one available. I'm not saying don't buy it, just do your due diligence to check it out or be prepared to return it if it is "mislabeled". Most likely it got put in wrong category by distributor I'm guessing, I'm not saying there was any underhandedness going on (but I don't know that).

They sure do look cool. Was that the one they call "the dude" or something like that? if you check talo, lipseys, etc and other distributors u can see distributor exclusives which do change over time. But it's often years between new batches for some guns.

View attachment 831343 View attachment 831344
The Case hardened version is such a beautiful Firearm. It is on my short list.

I also enjoy my Pug. it was a gift from my best friend and I will never get rid of it.
Really accurate for the size, and if you don't hit them, you'll BBQ their eyebrows with a 3 feet long fireball.

I carry it when going minimalist, or as a back up to a larger firearm.

Also makes for a great Beach gun. Just rubber band it to your Johnson, and tuck the whole thing in your favorite speedo. :)

FYI I know someone who bought a case hardened version from a distributor recently and when he got it it wasn't case hardened at all but had a flat black finish as I recall. Just a data point to keep in mind should an ffl show one available. I'm not saying don't buy it, just do your due diligence to check it out or be prepared to return it if it is "mislabeled". Most likely it got put in wrong category by distributor I'm guessing, I'm not saying there was any underhandedness going on (but I don't know that).

They sure do look cool. Was that the one they call "the dude" or something like that? if you check talo, lipseys, etc and other distributors u can see distributor exclusives which do change over time. But it's often years between new batches for some guns.

I wonder if your friend ended up with one of the limited edition black PVD Pugs. I think they were called the Pug Shadow. The color cased ones are called "The Dude". I'll be the first to admit they don't really pop with color. They were contracted out to Tyler Gun Works who has their own method of color case that has lots of lines and stripes but is typically very black overall. I'd love to see a Turnbull color cased Pug. I don't think anyone can produce the color that Turnbull does.

I looked at "The Dude" and "The Shadow" but went with the stainless after hearing great stories of the rust resistance even in long term wet conditions. Also, those models didn't come with the tritium sight which I wanted because its just neat!

I looked at "The Dude" and "The Shadow" but went with the stainless after hearing great stories of the rust resistance even in long term wet conditions. Also, those models didn't come with the tritium sight which I wanted because its just neat!
Can't argue with that. I'll be grabbing a standard stainless Pug once they are more readily available. (And because I just want another one) As a side note, I've been carrying my Dude in a Kydex holster in my front pocket every single day for the last eight months and it shows zero finish wear, which actually surprises me.

Apparently you can color case harden stainless so maybe there's little difference in durability? You'd probably have to contact naa to ask. Great service though. I messaged them to ask how I replace the tritium when it dies or a hammer spring and they said it was all covered under the lifetime warranty.