JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I question the 15 minute dry time on filters. Human breath is pretty wet. I wear them for work regularly and have the utmost confidence in them. To each their own.

I just ran across this discussion. I will admit I didn't read all 5 pages. So here is what I have to add.

I have worn many N95 masks and masks in general. You will quickly find out when spray painting. Paint for an hour or two with a hvlp gun then remove the mask and see how ineffective they really are. What ever color your painting will show all the leaks right straight to your nose. Just like electricity air takes the path to least resistance. Proper respirators filter cartridge masks need to be fitted to each clean shaved person. The last place I worked all the full time painters were checked for properly fitting masks every 6 months.

I can see how they can help but not stop deflect a coughing episode.

Clearly we have been lied to, in order to protect the already small supply of N95 masks for healthcare professionals. We are just now beginning to hear that the masks are a good idea and effective.

Who here is surprised that the government and media have been lying to us? Yep, that's what I thought.

Major mode of transmission seems to be air that is taken into lungs, not contact. Not surprising given that virus makes you cough. And apparently its actually not been proved that touching eyes is mode of transmission for respiratory diseases except presumably, eye diseases like pink eye.

Major mode of transmission seems to be air that is taken into lungs, not contact. Not surprising given that virus makes you cough. And apparently its actually not been proved that touching eyes is mode of transmission for respiratory diseases except presumably, eye diseases like pink eye.
If you chose to want to believe this by all means. There is a good reason the health people are so big on hands. Gloves and cleaning of hands. It is really sad how much really bad info is easy to find on the net.

Austria is to join a small but growing number of European countries making the wearing of face masks outside the home compulsory amid shifting debate over the medical gear's protective utility.

Authorities would start distributing millions of free face masks at the entrances to all supermarkets from midweek onwards, chancellor Sebastian Kurz announced on Monday. Shoppers will only be permitted inside supermarkets and other open stores, such as pharmacies, if they are wearing masks.

While masks are a familiar sight throughout Asia, the only other countries in Europe to require the wearing of masks in public space are Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Austria is to join a small but growing number of European countries making the wearing of face masks outside the home compulsory amid shifting debate over the medical gear's protective utility.

Authorities would start distributing millions of free face masks at the entrances to all supermarkets from midweek onwards, chancellor Sebastian Kurz announced on Monday. Shoppers will only be permitted inside supermarkets and other open stores, such as pharmacies, if they are wearing masks.

While masks are a familiar sight throughout Asia, the only other countries in Europe to require the wearing of masks in public space are Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Suspect they are trying to keep those who already have the stuff from spreading it to others. The Co's that make the masks must be second only to ammo for how busy they are these days :D

Coronavirus masks 01.jpg

ATCclears,
Thanks for posting those diagrams. Much more effective in communicating this information to others vs me rambling on trying to explain it and watching the recipients eyes glaze over.

Seems to me that whatever you want to believe about masks and C19, you will find plenty of info to back up your pre-existing opinion.
Absolutely.

One based off of previous studies, similar viruses, and common sense, and the other based off of a WHO and CDC narrative in order to convince people not to buy them, which looks like they will be reversing opinion on soon to agree with the consensus of everyone else.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads