JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If there's a hornets nest around, I will find it.
Once while I was deer hunting, I was climbing through a real tight barbwire fence and stepped on a bald faced hornets nest.
They don't waste any time thinking about who or what is the threat, and I didn't care what the barbwire did to my skin as I tore my way through to get far away and as quickly as possible.
Being a safe hunter, I had laid my coat on the ground and placed my rifle on top next to where I was climbing through the fence.
It took me half an hour to get enough courage to run back and grab them, and the dirty little buggers still managed to nail me a couple more times for good measure.

Lots of YJ Nests in the ground, but never found a Hornets nest there. They have always been the paper nests in the trees. Bad stuff................

Was fishing pine creek in eastern Oregon by wading down the creek. Chose that way to fish cause too many rattle snakes on the bank. Scared the crap out of me to see one swim by as I brought in a big trout. Never seen a rattle snake in the water before then but since then have learned it is common.

Yeah! Rattlers swim good, like most snakes. Spent my formitave years in Diamondback Nevada. :D

jbett

It would be nice if our justice system acted as quickly and decisively as a nest of bald-face hornets!?!?!?!?!
I don't believe there is any such thing as a liberal hornet> > > >

Sheldon

Last Edited:
If I could burn just one Internet thread. This would be the one. I would find the server farm this is stored on, and set fire to it. Sit back, then realize these creatures still exist, cry for a while, go home and shelter myself in a room around my guns, twitchy on the trigger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top