Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

N0T Always the human enemy....Most of the time but not always.

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by U201491, May 18, 2015.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Hornets ’4 times size of a wasp’ on deadly rampage

http://www.wnd.com/2015/05/hornets-4-times-size-of-a-wasp-on-deadly-rampage/

asian-hornets-on-hand-600.jpg

Asian hornets about four times the size of a regular wasp – the same type blamed for killing six in France in the last year – have touched down in Britain and begun terrorizing the local honey bee population.

The species is the largest wasp in the world and its venom contains eight kinds of chemicals. Swarms can takes out a bee colony in just a few minutes, Express reported.

They hit up to three inches in size and will, when provoked, attack people. Just this past year, six in France were killed by Asian hornet stings, Express reported.

2. IheartSig

IheartSig Beaverton Diamond Supporter Diamond Supporter Platinum Supporter

wow.... I don't even know what to say. That's some stuff straight out of nightmares..... look at those things!

KTRh6.png

CoastRange57, Garg and U201491 like this.
  3. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

you could have gone all summer w/o this post:confused:

decklin, Monica Cowles and U201491 like this.
  4. U201491

Yep I sure could have. LOL.................. but

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  5. Loptr

Loptr Corvallis Member

Don't forget the bees that drink human tears.

beetears.jpg

6. U201491

\
    ??????//Never heard of anything like that ??????

7. U201491

8. U201491

Killer Hornets Set For Britain? Here’s The News You Really Don’t Want to Hear
    "Invasion Of The Killer Hornets": Your favourite 1950s B-Movie just became a reality.
    4 weeks ago JackClayton @BilboTalk
    image: http://cdn.coresites.factorymedia.com/mpora_new/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Asian-Hornet-Face-680x340.jpg

Asian-Hornet-Face-680x340.jpg
    Photo: huffingtonpost.co.uk.
    ‘Invasion Of The Killer Hornets’ might sound like a 1950s B-Movie, but it could very soon be a Channel 5 documentary based on real-events in 2015. Yes, really!

Various news sources are reporting that ‘Asian Hornets’, which have supposedly killed at least six people in France, might be heading across the Channel this summer. Presumably, they’ll be getting on the Calais to Dover ferry?

The hornets are believed to have travelled to France, within the last five years, on imported Chinese plants. Needless to say, these guys are seriously nasty bastards. Their main hobby, if you can really call it that, involves performing hostile takeovers on bee hives.

image: http://cdn.coresites.factorymedia.com/mpora_new/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Asian-Hornet-Body-680x382.jpg

Asian-Hornet-Body-680x382.jpg
    Photo: animal-kid.com.
    Not only has their aggressive behaviour had a devastating impact on honey production in rural France, it has also resulted in them establishing a foothold in the country, making them almost impossible to get rid of.

In between getting seriously rat-arsed on Jack Daniel’s honey and whiskey liqueur, chairwoman of the Norfolk Beekeepers Association, Carolyne Liston told sources that the hornets are a “very, very aggressive predator…,” and that they can “decimate bee colonies.”

image: http://cdn.coresites.factorymedia.com/mpora_new/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Asian-Hornet-680x451.jpg

Asian-Hornet-680x451.jpg
    Photo: notreadingit.com.
    The sting of these horrible, flying, bubblegums has been compared to being stabbed by a hot needle. If the person has a severe allergic reaction to the initial sting, or is stung multiple times, the chance of death becomes a real possibility.

9. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Now thats a formidable foe!!
    Only wish we had those here to give me some kind of thrill..
    Treating everything else just gets old after a while.

Guess my fun is limited to Bald Faced Hornets nests, full season yellow jacket nests and mother raccoons in crawlspaces. :(
    Sadly Oregon is pretty darn tame.

jbett98 likes this.
  10. Provincial

Provincial Near Salem, OR Well-Known Member

Screen the bee hives with a mesh that the bees can get through, but not those huge hornets.

Try to trap those big suckers with phenomes, with a HUGE yellow jacket trap. Sell them for food to the Third World. ;)

lowly monk and U201491 like this.
  11. U201491

LOL Yeah. I used to do brush and field mowing, hillsides and canyons and such and the numbers of yellow jackets and bald face hornets out there is just plain spooky when you rip through them every day.
    I wore good bee suits and still got plenty of stings.
    Yellow jackets are smart too, they would hunt for any opening. The little spot where the zippers came together for the suit and hood even had to have duct tape on it because they would find it.
    Like 2 and 3 at a time trying to get through there.
    Those big damned hornets there and you would need chainmail suits LOL
    Cant help think about some of the revelations......:oops:
    ohh another forum for that.o_O

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  12. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

Those are why semi automatic shotguns were invented. And why "hi cap" magazines for those shotguns are needed. And under slung flame throwers. Just keep blasting into the swarm with bird shot until they're dead or you're dead.

On second thought - might be best to get air born and pop off a tactical nuke, and hope the blast kills them, and they don't survive and then mutate from the radiation and grow even larger and more monster like.

Only thing worse than those would be flying rattle snakes.

Michael Js likes this.
  13. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Damn. I saw a documentary on these bad boys a while ago, they are the #1 deadliest animal in Japan. I just hope they never make it over here, or, at least if they do, only to Washington DC (maybe Salem) :p

U201491 and Michael Js like this.
  14. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Yea, it's been a while since the 'Killer African Bees' were supposed to invade the U.S. - we have been overdue for a killer insect threat!

15. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Exactly! Folks dont know that given enough time yellow jackets will find a way into your suit.
    As for BFH, shoot, we have to double up on our suits due to the length of their stingers.
    Those guys are just plain evil.

16. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

When I was about 11, a friend and I were chasing a possum through a vacant lot across from his house. As we spotted it going up a tree, I stopped on old fallen tree to watch. A moment later, I felt something on my leg and looked down to find my legs entirely covered in yellow jackets - where I was apparently standing right on top of their nest. I started running and screaming as they were getting under my jeans and also stinging through my jeans. A neighbor saw me and ran after me, grabbed me, and ripped my jeans off, beating the bees off of me (they had moved to my head by then). I don't know how many times he was stung in the process, but he saved me from a much worse fate.

I was stung dozens of times, and it was the first time in my life I'd ever been stung by any insect, so it was a pretty traumatic incident in my child mind. Thankfully I found out I wasn't allergic, just had to suffer through the pain for a while. To say it gave me a crazy fear of wasps/hornets is an understatement. After that, I've been stung several more times, and every single time, it's been yellow jackets. To this day, I keep my distance any time I see them. Crazy a$$ sadistic critters.

salmonriverjohn and Sgt Nambu like this.
  17. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If there's a hornets nest around, I will find it.
    Once while I was deer hunting, I was climbing through a real tight barbwire fence and stepped on a bald faced hornets nest.
    They don't waste any time thinking about who or what is the threat, and I didn't care what the barbwire did to my skin as I tore my way through to get far away and as quickly as possible.
    Being a safe hunter, I had laid my coat on the ground and placed my rifle on top next to where I was climbing through the fence.
    It took me half an hour to get enough courage to run back and grab them, and the dirty little buggers still managed to nail me a couple more times for good measure.

18. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

Tennis anyone.

Liberty97045 likes this.
  19. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Was fishing pine creek in eastern Oregon by wading down the creek. Chose that way to fish cause too many rattle snakes on the bank. Scared the crap out of me to see one swim by as I brought in a big trout. Never seen a rattle snake in the water before then but since then have learned it is common.

Sgt Nambu and U201491 like this.
  20. U201491

Yeah and they hit you at about 60 mph LOL BF Hornets are exactly that total evil if you pizz em off.