JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought this was a pretty cool video, as well as a great marketing strategy.

Still not entirely sure how the QD returns to zero, as I thought threads did that anyway.

That was a good video. It is still often amazing to me how many shooters I run into who still know nothing about NFA items like Suppressors.
I only know what I do from studying the forum. ;)

It would help if that tax stamp was a bit cheaper and the suppressors weren't so spendy. Puts it out of my budget when it's the price of a new gun.

I only know what I do from studying the forum. ;)

It would help if that tax stamp was a bit cheaper and the suppressors weren't so spendy. Puts it out of my budget when it's the price of a new gun.
That's the only reason I don't have them any more. Hassle and price. Used to have some NFA stuff and it was shocking how many other shooters would swear they were illegal and even want to call the Police when they saw us shooting. This was long before Algore invented the net. Now days the info it there at fingertips and there is still a lot of misinformation around. I got booted off a group over this. Someone was claiming to be selling a conversion to turn a G17 into a G18. Owner of the group was saying she did not know if this would be legal. I was trying to tell them it was a scam. That no one was really going to send them this and even if they did there would be no way to make it legal. Woman who owned the group turns out Husband or boyfriend was a Class III dealer. She got real mad when I showed shock that she still knew nothing about the law while pointing people to her website selling NFA stuff :confused::confused::confused:

it was shocking how many other shooters would swear they were illegal and even want to call the Police when they saw us shooting.

I find it fun to educate people.

I was asked by a classmate about plans for the weekend and I showed him a picture of two of my firearms with suppressors. He mentioned that it looks like fun and said "illegal" in there somewhere. I stated I have all proper paperwork and 'licenses' to own. And he was curious so I showed him a couple more toys and then he got all quiet and said I should be careful showing them.

Again, I stated I have no issues as I'm within the law and it's legal for me to own. He just didn't get it.

I find it fun to educate people.

I was asked by a classmate about plans for the weekend and I showed him a picture of two of my firearms with suppressors. He mentioned that it looks like fun and said "illegal" in there somewhere. I stated I have all proper paperwork and 'licenses' to own. And he was curious so I showed him a couple more toys and then he got all quiet and said I should be careful showing them.

Again, I stated I have no issues as I'm within the law and it's legal for me to own. He just didn't get it.

Your friend is right about work. Guns period is a subject to be VERY careful about at most places of employment. There are so many snowflakes that hear the word and freak. If they see the pictures many of them will run to HR to report you. This puts the HR department in a fix even if they are pro gun. They can't just ignore it. If the HR person is also a snowflake, well it can get real bad real fast. Sadly this is the world we have now. It is great to try to get non shooters to try but use caution here, especially taking an non shooter to showing them NFA stuff.
Decades back I and some buddies had some including full auto. Many shooters at an old quarry would run to call the police on us when talking to them failed. Some would become quit interested and even want to try. Many even then did not want to see or hear facts. This was other gun owners. Dealing with non gun owners go slow at first. Many of them scare easily because of how they have been educated. We need to gain as many non shooters to our side as we can. See if you can get him to the range with you. You may win another convert!!

Your friend is right about work. Guns period is a subject to be VERY careful about at most places of employment. There are so many snowflakes that hear the word and freak. If they see the pictures many of them will run to HR to report you. This puts the HR department in a fix even if they are pro gun. They can't just ignore it. If the HR person is also a snowflake, well it can get real bad real fast. Sadly this is the world we have now. It is great to try to get non shooters to try but use caution here, especially taking an non shooter to showing them NFA stuff.
Decades back I and some buddies had some including full auto. Many shooters at an old quarry would run to call the police on us when talking to them failed. Some would become quit interested and even want to try. Many even then did not want to see or hear facts. This was other gun owners. Dealing with non gun owners go slow at first. Many of them scare easily because of how they have been educated. We need to gain as many non shooters to our side as we can. See if you can get him to the range with you. You may win another convert!!

Classmate... and he was thinking I should be quiet about them because he thought I wasn't legal to own.

Hell, we talk about shooting stuff at work like it's nothing. At this point I'm sure they wouldn't really care if I carried there.

Classmate... and he was thinking I should be quiet about them because he thought I wasn't legal to own.

Hell, we talk about shooting stuff at work like it's nothing. At this point I'm sure they wouldn't really care if I carried there.
School / work are the same boat. School is probably even more important to be careful since you are there as a privilege. It's not a job they are paying you for. So many educators are SUPER anti gun. Let one of them get wind of this and they could make things miserable for you. Remember many of them are not interested in facts, only emotion.
Some employers it's of course fine, like if it's a job where you are armed. Still have to be careful about NFA stuff. So many shooters still "think" it's illegal. It's great to encourage others to the sport, just keep in the back of your mind that many you run into are deathly afraid of and absolutely hate guns and gun owners.

My workplace is the same lol. In fact, my boss is pretty much the influence behind 90% of my purchases. Last month he started his work for a Surefire suppressor for his AR, this past week it was my turn.

My workplace is the same lol. In fact, my boss is pretty much the influence behind 90% of my purchases. Last month he started his work for a Surefire suppressor for his AR, this past week it was my turn.

Same here. I'm pretty sure that if you searched the various offices at my work you could arm a squad.

E

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads