JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mythbusters crew shoots cannonball through a HOUSE and a van as stunt goes terribly wrong | Mail Online

<broken link removed>

This cannonball was supposed to pass through several barrels of water and a cinder block wall to slow its inertia," said J.D. Nelson of Alameda County Sheriff's Department. "When the shot was fired, it misfired. The cannon lifted."

The cannonball apparently hit something that caused it to shoot over the hillside that protects the neighborhood below.

The projectile bounced in front of the house on Cassata Place, through the front door and up through the second floor before it finally exited through the back wall.

Then it flew over Tassajara Road and ricocheted off the roof of another house before smashing through the window of a minivan where it came to rest.

Remember, they are experts. Don't try this at home. And don't be at home when they try this. I would love to see the Mythbusters video of that one.

The "Mythbusters" constantly repeat "don't try this at home" on their weekly television program. But maybe some tricks they should not even try. The hosts and staff of the well-liked program terminated a cannonball Tues that travelled into a community in Dublin, Calif. The event brought on much property destruction. Fortunately, there were no injuries brought on by the incident. The program may face many repercussions from what happened. I've read this here: <broken link removed>

Gill also told the newspaper that he wants the show's producers to pay for his minivan.

He may get a little more than just a mini van on this one.I think the fines here are going to be substantial.And being California,someone will try to file criminal charges,which will raise the fines some more.

Wonder what the sponsors will have to say?

But they should man up and run this episode.Show that even the pros can make some really stupid mistakes.

Yeah it looks like they won't air it. Look what happened the last time they aired it. It was ungood.
'MythBusters' hosts: Sorry about that cannonball.

The special-effects gurus who host the television show "MythBusters" were cast Wednesday in an ignominious role: visiting a home on a quiet street in Dublin and apologizing to a family for firing a 30-pound cannonball through their front door a day earlier.

Behind Shetty was damage more likely to be found on a pirate ship than a two-story tract home. A round hole scarred an interior wall and, beyond that, another hole showed where the cannonball had exited the upstairs master bedroom as Shetty's wife, Seema, napped with the couple's 2-year-old son.

After assuring Shetty, his two children, his wife and her parents that they would never again blast a home with heavy ordnance, Hyneman and Savage said the incident was the worst thing that had happened during thousands of experiments over eight years on the Discovery Channel show.

They also promised they wouldn't air the footage they had filmed of the near-catastrophic cannon shot.

Read more: 'MythBusters' hosts: Sorry about that cannonball

He said residents should have known a dangerous experiment was being staged. He also hinted at firing back with a lawsuit. 'MythBusters' hosts: Sorry about that cannonball

Really!? C'mon! this lawsuit happy nation has to get itself together. Have to say, if the Mythbusters had punched a hole in my house, and no one was hurt....as long as there insurance fixed it, i'd have welcomed them into my house, laughed about it, got assurances that they wold point canons in a different direction and gone on with the day. This was a teaching moment.

Crazy part about this. Was watching the show last week and I noted in one of the wide angle shots that there where a bunch of houses realtively close by. I was thinking, boy those neighbours must love all the high pressure shock waves that come out of there!?

http://youtu.be/oy872Fb1ad8
there was a episode once where they were driving a car via remote control to see if it could go under a semi trailer and keep driving with the top being sheared off. It did, but the brakes failed and it hit a berm way down ways at a high rate of speed and launched over the fenced in area they were filming and cleared a tree and they really did seem like they had no idea of what was behind the berm and fence. luckily, it was a open unused field, but still had other buildings near by. It was fricken hillarious, it launched like the Dukes of Hazard and their faces were as if they just crapped them selves.

After watching the different new reports on the web, it went through over a half dozen walls. That is crazy, I want one.
This thing had slow inertia alright, wow, I would like to know just how far it went, the neighbor lady said they hear the bomb testing facility every so often but it is a ways away.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top