JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup, I cook most meals because my "suggestions on how to improve it for next time" come across as criticizing the meal.

She cooks now but it was a few years of me doing every meal and she gradually moved back in and is a decent cook - she is a fantastic baker and I'm mediocre.

Cooking is an Art
Baking is a Science (I don't follow recipes well - I like to do it my way lol)

Yup, I cook most meals because my "suggestions on how to improve it for next time" come across as criticizing the meal.

She cooks now but it was a few years of me doing every meal and she gradually moved back in and is a decent cook - she is a fantastic baker and I'm mediocre.

Cooking is an Art

I do almost all of the cooking, partially because I enjoy it and partially because I like things done and prepared a certain way. That way, if there is a problem with the food, I only have myself to blame. And she never complains about my cooking - in fact, she really enjoys it.

Bonus is that all her friends are jealous that she has a husband that cooks ;)

My wife does the cooking in the kitchen I do the cooking on the grill. She still tries to tell me how to do it. I just crack a beer and smile :D

I suprised the family when we were in AZ and BBQ a salmon and rib eye steaks. Wife looks at the daughter and said that was the best salmon I have ever had. Daughter smiled and said I did the cooking. My wife hasn't said a word since. :D

As for the OP I am really happy for you @Kruejl I wish my wife would take the time and learn some more basics.

Oh man, the cooking thing I could get a divorce over if I was one of those guys. I looove to cook, she does it 'cause she feels like she has to and rarely enjoys it. I do most of it. She's ruined pans, burned up utensils and countless meals and generally makes a huge mess when she cooks. I say nothing and follow behind to clean up 'my' kitchen and say 'great dinner hun'. I've secretly deposited food in the dogs dish or disposal before, there's a limit to what I'll eat.
:s0101::s0107::s0107:

We try to farm out lots of educational stuff. My oldest Granddaughter can shift a RTO 13513 13 speed Roadranger just fine. Neighbors, (kinda) dump truck. 400 BC Cummings. Jake. The dirt bike education was also swapped out for others to teach for future considerations. I for one am way too old to teach physical hands on stuff anymore. Same thing with heavy farm equipment we no longer own or use but the kids learned how to operate.

Firearms training SHOULD be part of the general educational process of young people nowadays. They are a whole lot smarter than I am and pick up on stuff sosss fast. Ammo is expensive. Also it's easier to call in past favors in exchange for more qualified shooting instructors /friends to do the firearms training. Now Megan wants to fly. Yikes! Probably will not happen. What do you do when you sow the wind and now must reap the whirlwind?

Just an observation here but we are so lucky out here in the Pacific Northwest living in the woods. Can we imagine an upbringing living in New York City and never having been to a farm or ranch? Can't drive? Don't even own a car. Can't swim? Can't farm? Never touched a gun and are deathly afraid of such? I grew up around firearms. Dad was a gun nut. I became one. But there are loved ones in my family who are afraid of firearms. What to do? Dunno.

Cooking is an Art

Not in my marriage... wife can cook basic farmstyle meals, you know, meat and potatoes, meatloaf, etc. Now she hates cooking and has tummy troubles so I get to cook for myself... Yay! 30yrs ago, I cooked all the fancy stuff and tried always to impress her with gastronic delight... turned out she really didn't care, food is for sustenance. Not in my family!!! Anyway, she could always bake, nothing fancy but good stuff. I am not a baker at all. So I asked her to show me how to make bread. "Well, it's a bunch of flour, and a pinch of salt, some yeast, add water till it looks right, knead it till it feels right, punch it down, do it some more, put it on a warm stovetop til it rises just right. WTF? o_Oo_Oo_O

I might embellish on recipes, there is the art, but mostly it is science. Doesn't the above instructions for baking bread seem more art than science??????

My ex was a fantastic cook (oops, better hide this screen)... the witch lured me with cinnamin rolls and jelly roll.

BTW, since my wife was a farmgirl, she already knew how to shoot pistols and rifles, gut a buck or elk, build a fire (jeez do we clash there) and drive a tractor. And don't run from her, you'll just die tired.

Things a man should not attempt to teach his wife:
How to drive
How to shoot
How to play golf
How to ski
How to play tennis
How to water ski
How to back up the boat trailer (just kidding)
How to cook
How to satisfy his love life
How to do anything in "her" kitchen or "her" house
How to do anything in "his" shop
How to do anything on the 'puter
How to fix her phone
How to keep from snoring or making other rude noises
How to save random commentary on her friends, family, etc for the commercial break
How to pour a beer
How to stay awake during a tv show
How to sleep thru the night
How to drive
How to ...............

Anyway, we barely speak nowadays. And our lovelife is mostly hallway sex. o_O:rolleyes:;):D

I had a piece of brass get stuck on top of my glasses once, not a comfortable feeling. Now I always wear a hat with a brim.

Also, I find that if there is more than one woman it makes it easier to teach them.

:s0101:
Absolutely GREAT!!! Sounds like you found the solution,and it's great she is talking about buying one for herself! My Wife is signing up for some classes for the same reason. She feels it will go better with someone else teaching her. Said I make her nervous and she keeps making mistakes because I'm watching. I was all for it when she said she wanted to. Hoping it goes as well for her as yours did!
My wife has said the same thing. It seems to be a common theme. We can help future generations by being aware of this now. Help make others aware that they may not be the best teacher for their spouse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top