JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am honest about everything with my wife except my guns. Growing up the daughter of a Methodist minister (I married a minister's daughter!) she is a pacifist like myself, and is abhorred with violence in society, like myself, so we agree on those things. She thinks that guns are the reason for all the violence in the world and doesn't understand that it is violent people that are the reason for the violence, not guns. A violent person with a hammer can kill someone, do we take away all hammers? A gun is a tool, and I am a non violent person who is good with tools, plus I've also done a bit of security over the years as a side job and believe in protecting good innocent people from being victimized. I feel that way about my family and would take extreme measures if they were threatened by a violent person, but as a woman she doesn't feel the natural sense and responsiblitiy of protection that men feel, so I've had to purchase a basic collection with money I earned outside our combined budget and hide them away for when the SHTF. I can just picture her face when I bring them out in a crisis, I think the actaul crisis will take second place to the reaction she'll have. I feel terrible hiding something from her, but it's something I have to do to continue to be myself and to ease my worries of the world, which in turn make me a better person and husband for her. So it's for the best right? Will I be judged as a dishonest person by the great spirit if there is one?

My wife grew up around drunks with guns so naturally she had fear of them. So it took a while to get to where we are today. I knew i had won when she sent me a pic of her in bra and panties pointing her rifle at the camera .She can outshoot most of our friends and carries one herself gotta love it

My wife grew up around drunks with guns so naturally she had fear of them. So it took a while to get to where we are today. I knew i had won when she sent me a pic of her in bra and panties pointing her rifle at the camera .She can outshoot most of our friends and carries one herself gotta love it

I would argue to say that an attractive woman in underwear is capable convincing any man of anything. Us guys are so visceral that it doesn't take much to sway us.

I feel terrible hiding something from her, but it's something I have to do to continue to be myself and to ease my worries of the world, which in turn make me a better person and husband for her. So it's for the best right? Will I be judged as a dishonest person by the great spirit if there is one?

I couldn't live like that myself, and from what you have typed, you are having a hard time with it as well. Hard choice for you, I can't and won't hide anything from my wife, she is my best friend and partner for the rest of my life. Early in our marriage, I thought little things did not really matter, a little white lie every now and again. I have learned over the last decade that for us, that is even too much, and it is much easier just to be open. She has accepted me for who I am, and I have accepted her for who she is.

Though we don't always see eye to eye on all decisions, we respect each other enough to talk them through, and solution is always found.

When I first read this, I immediately thought of this scene in Return of the Jedi:

:s0114:

My wife is pretty tolerant of my firearms, and even goes shooting every once in a while. However, she's not that into the whole thing, and if I left them laying around too much, I'm sure she'd say something. We each have our own "allowance" that we can spend on anything we want - I spend mine on gun stuff, so she can't really say much about it (she spends hers on shoes and whatnot).

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife isn't even tolerant of my hobby!! Have never been able to use "community money" to buy any gun related item except for a cheap safe.

We each get an "allowance" that we can spend with no questions so I get my guns from that.

Got my wife and stepdaughter to a NRA Womans day a few years ago. They had a blast (literally) and were enthused about it. Then the stepdaughter died (leaving us with two grandkids and three more cats). Now, when I suggest going shooting she says "it wouldn't be the same without Dana" and refuses to go.
Right now we're in the process going through a series of tests to rule out (or confirm) cancer of the liver and pancreas so I'm not pushing anything right now.

We each get an "allowance" that we can spend with no questions so I get my guns from that.

Got my wife and stepdaughter to a NRA Womans day a few years ago. They had a blast (literally) and were enthused about it. Then the stepdaughter died (leaving us with two grandkids and three more cats). Now, when I suggest going shooting she says "it wouldn't be the same without Dana" and refuses to go.
Right now we're in the process going through a series of tests to rule out (or confirm) cancer of the liver and pancreas so I'm not pushing anything right now.

Your family is in my prayers. (not meant to offend)

wives should be given the mushroom-treatment regarding anything expensive and/or dangerous. it's a policy that's kept our marriage a happy one for going on 8 (or is it 9?) years now- i'm a firm believer.

my girlfriend never liked firearms.....they scared her....so i tell her its no big deal someday we should go out shooting....so we go about 2 months ago, start out on the ruger 10/22 then up to a s&w .22 pistol,then moving on up we go to the .40 sig pistol....I thought for sure she wouldent shoot the ak-47 ,she gets done dumping a 30 round clip and then looks over at me, and with a sexy smile on her face and says( can i have another clip for this gun) god i love her!!

Being single, and never wanting to be married, I have found that when you offer to take women out shooting most are drawn to it immediately. I recently took a couple of stripper friends out to the range to shoot. Next time I do that I'll make sure to take a camera/camcorder. Watch them like a hawk, do a little up close and personal hand holding from behind first. One was tiny, about 85 lbs. Unlike the idiots on the net I don't hand them 12gs to watch them fail, just .22s, 9mm carbines, under very CLOSE supervision. First you spray on some Brut so you smell like their dad LOL. So wrong.

I gave my girlfriend (now wife) the "Im a gun guy and if you don't like it, I am no the guy for you" speech when we dated. she was fine with it... out of sight, out of mind. when we got married and she watched me move all of my guns into the new house... she said "i thought that you sead you were a gun guy? I said "I am" she replied, " you look more like an "arms dealer guy" than a "gun guy"...this is too much. i then told her that if i had more guns that she had shoes, i would sell some. But if she had more shoes than i had guns... she stopped me mid sentence and said " i will hold the door open for you". she still hates guns, but i remind her that have been injured by stepping on more shoes than she has been by my guns... I win! put your foot down early about guns and then offer to do the dishes. I love my wife

My wife has no interest in shooting. She does not like the boom and the recoil. However, she has zero problems with me owning guns and agrees that we need them to protect our home and family. She also approves of my son and I target shooting. However, if I come home with a new gun today, she will be off to the mall tomorrow to balance things out.

Wife # 1- didn't like guns and always bubblegumed If I bought one - Remember her favorite comment - "Why do you need a another gun"" (Very whinny voice)..

Wife # 2 - Dear - if you like that gun (s) you should but it - wow - a keeper - 12 years later - "teach me to shoot these guns please" Wow - a Keeper.. Thought that another gun safe was a good deal !

Your family is in my prayers. (not meant to offend)

No offense!!

Going in the Friday 11/18 for endoscopy and colonoscopy to get more info. I also expect they'll do a biopsy or two if they see something amiss. Right now the diagnosis is "non-alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver caused by diabetes". No idea about the pancreas problem yet, just that blood tests show problems. They did start her on insulin last week.
Her mother died of liver/pancreatic cancer and her father had prostate cancer and the liver/pancreatic cancer can run in families.

Any and all prayers accepted!!

My wife is well aware of all my guns and the ridiculous amount of ammo I have.

The only thing that pisses her off is when I order ammo, then get assigned a job at the last minute where I end up out of town when the ammo arrives, leaving her to carry it inside.

She says she swears I plan it that way. :s0114:

My wife went from anti-gun and scared spitless of them to loving to shoot the AR. She went and bought herself a handgun and went and got some training all on her own. Now when I say that I want to stop by a gun store she is enthusiastic about seeing what they have.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top