JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife was pretty anti-gun before we got married. It was more or less due to little previous exposure to firearms amd just plain ol' ignorance. Fast forward a few years and she has come a long way. Still a long way to go until she is shooting plate matches on the weekend, but we'll keep working on it. All I'm saying is, there's hope, buddy.

Fortunately things are going the same way for me, except instead of ignorance, for her there was the sad incident of a close family member, a desire to end his life, and the choice of a firearm to accomplish it. But she is my fourth (and Final!!) wife, my best friend, and we really communicate. I don't want to blow it. I don't push anything, she is aware that my own father took his life by suffocation, sitting in the car, running, in the garage, door closed. She is very logical.........and knows there are many ways to end one's life. Nowdays she cheerfuly asks "who's going to the range with you this week?" And she suggested that I ask her 22 yr old daughter to go. Be gentle.........there's hope.

My wife and I only dated for 3 months before we got married. Almost 40 years ago.
Me supper shooter, he man.
Bet number one. Strike a match at 25 yds with a stock .22. I'll do the dishes for a month if you can do it. She lite the match and put it out. Never touched the match stick. Yup, I did the dishes for a month.
Bet number two. S&W .38 special. 50 yds 6 inch group. Cook, do dishes and clean house for a week. My group 6 inchs hers 4 in.
We go to visit her parents on a 3 day week end. When we get ready to leave she comes out of the house with with a Remington 257 Roberts. I say, Your dad gots a nice rifle there. Her replie, its mine.
All bets have been off since. She can still drop a deer at 200 yds with a head shot. And I still get to go get it and clean it.
Most recent addition Marlin 1894 45-70 lever gun. All I can say is, SWEET rifle.

Pretty good thread so far.

I have it really good in this department. :s0166: Mine not only likes to shoot, but also fishes and camps and (in her words) lets her man be a man. Some of you may have read a past post of mine or two regarding appeasing the Gun Gods. :s0114:

I thought I may have created a monster when she empties a mag through the AR and tells me to quickly fill it up again. I ask her if she wanted to get dressed? "Later, I wanna shoot more first!" :s0001: I didn't mind that! I refilled mags as fast as I could.:D

We are in a gun store the last time I'm home. She spots a Rainbow P238 and asks me. "Can I have that?"

About a month and a half later she calls me wanting to buy a new Glock 19. Then she takes it upon herself to get some formal training using my Glock.

My wife wanted more AR's, and ammo. Together we bought them (online). They are sitting in the safe waiting for my return when she can break them in properly, along with some other guns she and I wanted. :s0152:

Now I think one of the biggest reasons she wants me home is so she has someone to go shooting with. :love:

My friend's daughter, about 17, lit up like a Xmas tree when I asked her if she had any interest in shooting.

My wife came with a lifetime NRA membership (and hideous mobmer jacket) bestowed upon her by a loving family. The more of our daughters we take shooting, the more likely it is that our sons will enjoy shooting with their wives someday.

Too bad nobody ever took Clinton and Pelosi out to the range when they were young.

My wife came with a lifetime NRA membership (and hideous mobmer jacket) bestowed upon her by a loving family. The more of our daughters we take shooting, the more likely it is that our sons will enjoy shooting with their wives someday.

Too bad nobody ever took Clinton and Pelosi out to the range when they were young.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that would pay a nice sum of money if someone did.

Pretty good thread so far.

I have it really good in this department. :s0166: Mine not only likes to shoot, but also fishes and camps and (in her words) lets her man be a man. Some of you may have read a past post of mine or two regarding appeasing the Gun Gods. :s0114:

I thought I may have created a monster when she empties a mag through the AR and tells me to quickly fill it up again. I ask her if she wanted to get dressed? "Later, I wanna shoot more first!" :s0001: I didn't mind that! I refilled mags as fast as I could.:D

We are in a gun store the last time I'm home. She spots a Rainbow P238 and asks me. "Can I have that?"

About a month and a half later she calls me wanting to buy a new Glock 19. Then she takes it upon herself to get some formal training using my Glock.

My wife wanted more AR's, and ammo. Together we bought them (online). They are sitting in the safe waiting for my return when she can break them in properly, along with some other guns she and I wanted. :s0152:

Now I think one of the biggest reasons she wants me home is so she has someone to go shooting with. :love:
You only have one problem, not enough mags.

Everytime I say,"I want this gun next" the reply is always the same, "well if you get it, what do I get?". I just smile and say, " The peace of mind knowing that you have a well armed husband that has enough guns and ammo to hold off millions of zombies".

Then I get my gun and God only knows what she ends up buying:)

I don't own a single gun. But, I do have a .357K Retirement Program that is doing much better than her 401K from work. I keep an updated list of all my Personal Firearms. It shows when they were purchased(as close as I can come) and how much I purchased them for(again, as close as I can come until I started keeping my list). She shoots and has her CPL and now that State Law has determined that she CAN keep a gun in her car even on Company property - inspite of what Company Policy says - we are talking about getting her a small "Bio-Safe" and deciding on just what she will be carrying. WA is a Community Property State so half of mine is hers and half of hers is mine so we have signed an agreement that I get the Guns(all but one) and Ammo and She gets the Quilts(all but one) and Fabric.

The List keeps us honest with each other and also provides a list of Serial Numbers and Description in case of a break-in and keeps our Insurance Company Honest as well.

Since, last October 31st was our 37th year of marriage; well, I doubt a split-up is anywhere in our future.

I don't own a single gun. But, I do have a .357K Retirement Program that is doing much better than her 401K from work. I keep an updated list of all my Personal Firearms. It shows when they were purchased(as close as I can come) and how much I purchased them for(again, as close as I can come until I started keeping my list). She shoots and has her CPL and now that State Law has determined that she CAN keep a gun in her car even on Company property - inspite of what Company Policy says - we are talking about getting her a small "Bio-Safe" and deciding on just what she will be carrying. WA is a Community Property State so half of mine is hers and half of hers is mine so we have signed an agreement that I get the Guns(all but one) and Ammo and She gets the Quilts(all but one) and Fabric.

The List keeps us honest with each other and also provides a list of Serial Numbers and Description in case of a break-in and keeps our Insurance Company Honest as well.

Since, last October 31st was our 37th year of marriage; well, I doubt a split-up is anywhere in our future.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Date night is usually at the range! Keeping my gal and my guns. And yes she has happily received a pistol and roses on an anniversary. Now she is jonesing for our first AR as much (or more) than me. And she shoots MUCH better than I do, despite my 23 + years in the military.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top