JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright, so I'm not to the world of AKs and picked this up not too long ago. After taking the thing apart so I could refinish the wood and the receiver, I noticed that the most rear-ward part of the receiver might be either bending or bulging out of place, and that the left part of the receiver isn't flush with the rear trunnion.

Is this a big deal? Any problems with running it like this? Or am I just letting my OCD get the better of me? And if it does need to be fixed, can it be fixed at home with something like a vice, clamp, or some love taps with a mallet?

IMG_20111028_003558.jpg

IMG_20111028_003548.jpg

IMG_20111028_090454.jpg

IMG_20111028_090446.jpg

IMG_20111028_090643.jpg

IMG_20111028_090748.jpg

IMG_20111028_090737.jpg

IMG_20111028_090726.jpg

Don't lose any sleep over this. This is a Romanian rifle with typical Romanian QC. AK tolerances are quite loose. Won't cause you any trouble. Leave it alone, may end up getting worst. If you are OCD, you will have step up your meds doze with the WASRs. :p (really, just kidding)

I think it's fine.. Probably the receiver is just slightly out of tolerance after forming. Something like that will not affect the function at all, especially once you get the furniture back on.

I noticed a short break-in period with mine, whereby it's now much easier to reassemble, don't know if that's typical or not.

Congratulations and welcome aboard. That Tapco trigger group is awesome, I love it.

Kind of rude of my part. Sorry about the meds comment.

I have a Romanian Garde (a.k.a Rommy G) based rifle I built on a flat I like very much. But I have other AKs and can't help but notice the Romanian is less refined when compared to my other AKs. When you build your own AK you notice a lot of little things. I got a bit cynical.

This is strictly a cosmetic issue. It is possible it might not be as noticeable after put it all back together (stock and dust cover). It might even go away altogether. Plus/minuses of stamped receivers. Trying to bend it back may hurt it cosmetically more than what you are willing to bargain for. IMHO, not worth the risk.

It's not problem. I'm not really OCD, at least I don't think I am. I guess coming from more modern-design firearms would lead me to expect and suspect anything that isn't matching on all guns. I guess I'll just have to get accustomed to the world of AKs then.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top