JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I were talking to my 9 year old stepdaughter about what she wanted to do for her birthday party that is coming up and her only wish was that she wanted her party to be a shooting party with her friends. Guess I am going to have to be the planner for this one...maybe get some helium balloons and have a compitition for prizes or something...

+1 for shooting 9 year olds :D

Um that came out wrong... Lets go with "For the experience of watching 9 year old kids demonstrating proper gun safety". ;)

Sadly, don't know her friend's parents well enough to comfortably broach the topic with them, but Mine is just happy to accompany Myself, her grandfather and her aunt and uncle as long as she gets to unpack her AR-7.

+1 for shooting 9 year olds :D

Um that came out wrong... Lets go with "For the experience of watching 9 year old kids demonstrating proper gun safety". ;)

Sadly, don't know her friend's parents well enough to comfortably broach the topic with them, but Mine is just happy to accompany Myself, her grandfather and her aunt and uncle as long as she gets to unpack her AR-7.

I need to scroll down and read the whole post next time. As I hit the down arrow all the that appeared was the first line.:s0001:

As far as step daughters and shooting goes, mine has been in my life since she was nine, and now at 17 she is almost starting to show some interest in shooting. We were out 4 wheeling and she mentioned maybe trying to shoot. If I had hearing protection we might have found a safe place to let off a couple rounds, but since I didn't have ear plugs that didn't happen. Don't want her first experience to be a bad one, or I may not get a second chance to get her interested in shooting.

Absolutely! It doesn't hurt to have at least a couple pairs of ear plugs in the truck in case she decides to try shooting another time when we're out. At least she likes offroading, so we're out in the mountains and in the general area of shooting pits somewhat regularly. Just need to take the nexp step. I hope you and yours have a great time with your step daughter's party. My 7 year old son starting shooting last year and can't get enough. Pretty good shot with his 10/22!

That is AWESOME! I have brought all my kids up shooting and they love it. I started teaching my wifes kids just after we started dating and they can't get enough either. and like your daughter, they all like wheelin too! they want that as well as shooting, but I only added the shooting part as this is a firearm forum, LOL.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top