JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've finally, after lots of buying and selling, figured out my SHTF guns. All of these fit into a duffle bag, that is easy to grab. In 2 minutes I can throw them in and go.

Guns and Mags-
Glock 19 w/ 2-15rd mags and 2-33rd mags
AK-47 w/ 10-30rd mags
Ruger 10/22 w/ 3-10rd mags and one 25rd mag
Remington 870 Police Mag. 12ga.
H&R Handi Rifle .45/70

Ammo-
9mm - 500rds
7.62x39 - 1000rds
.22lr - 1000rds
12ga. - 250rds 00 Buck
100rds slugs
200rds bird shot
.45/70 - 100rds

Good on ya! That sounds like a great combination to stick with! Now the hard part is convincing the wife that your "duffel" bag is for the gym and it is NOT loaded with weapons of mass destruction!

haha,

Once you get all that ammo and guns in one place throw them in a bag and jog a mile and see how it treats ya.
Sure as **** in better shape than me if you think running around with that much weight is a good idea.

22 boxes of 25) 12 ga shells even 2.75" long will be a volume of 47 cu in per box of 25. So 47cuin X 22 = 1034cu in

A 50 cal ammo can holds approx. 522 cu in and will fit 7 boxes of 12ga shells.

So just for the 12ga ammo you have listed you will need 2) 50cal cans for the 12ga if stored loose in the box or 3 if you keep the shells in 25 rd boxes.

The 1000 rds of 7.62 X 39mm weighs in at approx. 32lbs with a volume of approx. 900 rounds per 50 cal ammo can

I hope you have a hand truck and a truss.

I'd like to see pics of all those guns and ammo in a duffle, because just the 12ga by itself weighs a LOT.

That's an odd selection of ammo too. For bugging out or whatever, you don't need 500 rounds of pistol ammo if you have an AK.

If you have an AK, you don't need 350 rounds of buck/slugs.

If you have a 10/22, you don't need 200 rounds of birdshot.

And I don't know why you'd have a .45-70 for SHTF anyway, especially a single shot. It's not a long range caliber, it's won't kill anything any deader than a 12ga slug will, it probably won't penetrate steel/body armor any better than an AK will, and the ammo itself is really heavy too.

You've got a nice arsenal, but I'd leave the handi rifle and a whole lot of that ammo behind if I were you.

I'd like to see pics of all those guns and ammo in a duffle, because just the 12ga by itself weighs a LOT.

That's an odd selection of ammo too. For bugging out or whatever, you don't need 500 rounds of pistol ammo if you have an AK.

If you have an AK, you don't need 350 rounds of buck/slugs.

If you have a 10/22, you don't need 200 rounds of birdshot.

And I don't know why you'd have a .45-70 for SHTF anyway, especially a single shot. It's not a long range caliber, it's won't kill anything any deader than a 12ga slug will, it probably won't penetrate steel/body armor any better than an AK will, and the ammo itself is really heavy too.

You've got a nice arsenal, but I'd leave the handi rifle and a whole lot of that ammo behind if I were you.
I'm not sure I agree with your assessment on how much of what ammo he needs... in a protracted SHTF situation, who can say what will be useful, not only for defense and food acquisition, but for barter as well?

OTOH, I am not a fan of the entire "bug out" idea. There is a name for people that bug out without a pre arranged location: Refugees.

I'm not sure I agree with your assessment on how much of what ammo he needs... in a protracted SHTF situation, who can say what will be useful, not only for defense and food acquisition, but for barter as well?

OTOH, I am not a fan of the entire "bug out" idea. There is a name for people that bug out without a pre arranged location: Refugees.

In a protracted SHTF situation, by all means get all the ammo you can afford if you're staying put, but OP was talking about putting all this in a duffel that he can grab in two minutes and go, which implies he's bugging out with all this. If the OP has a duffel that's capable of holding that much stuff and he can pack it around, good for him, but I still think that much 12ga would be a waste of space, and anyone trying to pack that much ammo on foot will be an easy target since they'll be moving awful slow.

The bag with all of the long rifles in it might weigh 40 pounds...that's not a lot. I haven't put all the ammo into cans yet, or even got all of the ammo yet, but I'm working on it, even if it takes 3 .50cal. ammo cans for 12ga, 1 for 7.62, and a .30cal for the 9mm, .45-70 and .22, that's not that much either. I don't plan on carrying this stuff all over either. I'd rather have more than I need, than need more. .45/70 is for bigger game hunting and a person hiding with a .5/70 can "F" some "S" up!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top