Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My SHTF Gun Combo Pic

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by tattoo, Jan 27, 2010.

1. tattoo

tattoo NorthWest Active Member

This is what goes with me. What goes with you? :)
    1-28-10011.jpg

2. tattoo

Should be enough to get me and mine out of town. :)

3. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Do you already live out of town? You may want to rethink that.
    Get a bug out bag and load that up with ammo your family can carry the rest. It's never "enough"

4. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

That is a great collection though. I'm afraid I'm missing a battle rifle. I had to sell my AR for hard times. Biggest regret.
    But my collection is my Walther P22, Beretta FS92, and a pump 22lr.

5. Wheeler44

Wheeler44 SW Washington Member

ouch.....You know you can often get an old milsurp sporter or a Mosin fer a little over a hundred bucks....Them old rifles can be just as "deadly" as they used to could....

W44

6. dave

dave Independence Member

I think theres a reason the shot show is right before we get our tax returns back.

7. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Portland area Member

Good combo of guns. I agree about having more mags though. I have a couple of surplus gas masks bags. One for the closet and one for the vehicle. Each bag has 8 rifle mags (AR or AK depending on location) and six Glock mags to supplement what is with each firearm.

It isn't just to have more ammo, but mags are the weak point of most semi auto guns. If I need a mag and it jams or fails to feed then I want a few extras handy to make sure I get a couple fo good ones. It seems I can use mags for months or years at the range, and then on the next trip one or two just go haywire or crap out. Mr. Murphy can strike at the worst possible times.

8. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Were you ever planning on a shotgun?

Nice AK.

SF-

9. tattoo

I'll be working on more mags. The AK sports a new SAW grip and AK 74 style flash suppressor. I have no wants for a shotgun. (yet?) I guess It would be a good SHTF weapon, but.:)
    Dave

10. Krinkov

Krinkov NW OREGON Member

is go's a word?

11. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

I would think that a 12 gauge would be infinitely more useful than a .22 pistol (specially since you already have the .22 rifle) in a SHTF situation.:thumbup:

12. tattoo

If SHTF, I want to get away from the S and go to the woods. I can carry a lot more 22lr than shotgun shells. We might have to eat squirrels? :thumbup:

13. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Isn't that the point of the .22 RIFLE? Birds will be a lot easier to hit with a shotgun than a .22 pistol.

14. tattoo

2 long guns would be enough for me to lug around. We live where the woods are thick so the pistol would be easier to use (close range). :)

15. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

Marlin 883 SS .22WMR
    Sig 522 .22LR
    Glock 19
    Mossberg 590

I'm torn about whether to include the .22WMR bolt rifle or not.
    It shoots very well, is simple and the .22WMR is a lot more power than a .22LR.

The Sig with the folding stock really makes it portable and somewhat concealable.

16. tattoo

Right on ORB. Thats what I'm talkin about. :thumbup:

17. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

It's a hard thing to decide to leave behind my AR.

At the moment I'm down to 1 complete and it's the most expensive firearm I own, but it's built for precision. It is way too heavy to be lugging around if the SHTF.

If I only grab one long gun it'll most likely be my Mossberg 590, although I'm also really thinking a .22LR rifle (Sig 522) would be pretty versatile, and I can carry a lot of ammo for it.

18. BlackGunsRFun

BlackGunsRFun PDXish Member

I agree with everyone here about the necessity of having a .22lr, but I took a slightly different approach for my plan. I have a CMMG .22 conversion for my AR that works pretty well, and doesn't require me to lug around the extra weight of an additional rifle or pistol....

The obvious down side is that it takes about a minute to convert my rifle, but in a situation where I'm more concerned about protection from two legged varmints instead of hunting the four legged kind, I'll accept the trade-off. If the situation is more secure, I can leave the conversion in the rifle.

19. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

I think what a more realistic question is, how are you going to carry these multiple long guns in a bug out situation. I know the thread is a SHTF gun, but wouldn't you have all of your guns in a SHTF scenario at home? I wanna see pictures of people packing or carrying all this stuff, because for the sake of diversity between 22 and 12gauge, it's not realistic to have both in rifle format, let alone a defensive handgun and various ammo to feed them all.

20. cbdolphin

cbdolphin Corvallis, OR WTB Spikes Tactical Lowers, cash in hand!

I think the need for packing a bunch of pistol ammo is vastly overplayed in a SHTF scenario. You can carry 5 mags (1 in gun and 4 in BOB) and be set for a decent amount of time. Barring the actual NEED for the handgun, I would be using my AR/AK (whichever I'm packing) or the .22LR to do the job.

Sometimes I feel like people envision a wild wild west like SHTF scenario.