JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
not anywhere near done but need some more suggestions.This is more a GTFO/BOB. Working 30+ miles from home if bubblegum hits the fan.. I want this to be a multi-use type bag. I can throw in the car for work and a BOB if i need to leave me house.

Yes the stuff has been un-packaged.

Stuff I havent gotten yet -
Stove, Toiletries Kit, Water tablets, maps

Stuff Not shown -
Paracord, Bottled Water (carry a 24pk in car), Backpack, Clothing(2 pair socks, 1 shirt, 1 boxers), Boots, flashlight, batteries, walkie talkies (set i use at work keep charged), extra boot insoles, multiple lighters

IIRC I think I have $80 into this bag so far (not counting stuff I already have)

The one things I noticed about the OD Green military waterproof clothing bag, is that its big enough to put my backpack in.. so If its drenching or something I can always save my bag and throw it in the waterproof bag.

Listing includes

1 Blue Tarp/Shelter - Free
1 Compass - $2
1 Bite/Scratch/Poison Ivy Pen - $2
1 Sewing Kit - $3
1 Knife Sharpening Stone - $3
1 Flint starter - $4
1 Utensil Set - $4
2 Pack Snap Lights - $5
2 Pack Military Style Can Openers - $3
2 Boxes Waterproof Matches - $3
2 Mesh style drawstring bags (great for dirty clothes and shell casings and stuff) - Free
2 Waterproof Pouches - $6
1 Military issue water proof clothing bag - $6
1 Pair 5.11 Tactical Slash Proof gloves - $7
1 Portable (3xAA) Radio - Owned
1 Med Pack - $15
1 SOG Tomahawk - Owned
1 Folding Knife - Owned
1 Fixed blade knife - Owned
1 Filtered Waterbottle - $16
1 .38 S&W Airwieght + 50Rds Ammo (will swap out extra ammo depending on what im carrying that day, but its usually the .38)

View attachment 188516

dont need em. I work security and my car is full of snacks, granola bars, easy to eat stuff.

But your bag isn't. If you have to grab-and-go you won't have time to organise and pack food.

Consider pulling all the items out of their packages and putting them in an external container. In each of my family member's bags is a mini-kit of bare essentials packed into small pelican cases(watertight and float) in case the big bag needs to be dropped. That way you still have something that can be put into a pocket instead of nothing at all.

Another item I'd suggest are medium sized fishing hooks. Grab a pack and then stick them individually onto a strip of clear tape, heavy packing tape is great, then back that up with brown paper-tape. That way you can take them off individually without disrupting the security of the other hooks. The core of your paracord is great fishing line since normal line is photo-reactive and will breakdown over time.

Edit; 24ga craft wire for snares. Laws don't mean much if you're in a survival situation and rabbits/chucks are going to be a mainstay for meat.

Well the snacks are usually in a plastic grocery bag so those are grab an go. Throw in a couple bottles of water from the case and im GTG. Now there's also my lunchbox which has a shoulder strap on it as an extra place for things.

I have multiple waterproof bags that Im using to put things in, the only thing thats not in a waterproof bag is the tarp, waterproof clothing bag, backpack and my knives.

*shrug* You asked for advice. I'm of the mindset that if you need to grab a bag and "go-go-go!" then you'll not have time to secure multiple bags. Plus if you're moving quickly on foot do you really want your load swinging around pendulously?

Looks like a serious setup.

I would recommend that you add a Pocket Survival Kit to your setup, can be good to keep on your person if you would get separated from your bag.

Otherwise some form of light source could be a useful addition, since you use AA batteries for your radio I would recommend a Fenix LD-10 or Fenix LD-20. Snaplights can be useful but don’t give a long distance focused light if you need it. The Zebralight anglelight/headlamp could be another alternative.

Have you tried actually using the compass in your setup?

May I ask what kind of stove you are planning to get?

What items do you carry as EDC?

The Free Online Survival Guide

the stove im getting will be an esbit Esbit Pocket Stove at REI.com with a pack of extra fuel cubes

im contemplating on a pocket style kit yes, im thinking a simple altoids style.

As mentioned above the things that werent pictured but do have are extra batteries and a few light sources. Including a headlamp, maglight, and tactical pocket flashlight.

And yes the compass does work.

Im not familiar with the EDC Terminology?

Read the book One Second After for the worst possible to happen.While I don't know if it can happen being prpared for it would put you miles ahead in your preps.

jj

Ahh EDC = to but not limited too

.38 + 2 speed loaders or 9mm (17rds) + 1 extra mag
Folding knife
Cell
Wallet
Keys

Than whats in my car which is my gtfh bag, water, snacks, extra shoes, blanket, another flashlight, and crowbar/mechanics tools.

More ammo and a serious caliber, full size handgun, at least +P 9MM. Hearing protection/ear plugs and a German rubberized surplus poncho to keep you and your pack dry and conceal a slung long gun if you have one

I almost never wear my ECWCS rainsuits any more but I use a poncho all the time for working or walking outdoors..like this one:

German Rubberized Poncho

080139.jpg

If you buy two of them they snap together to make a tube tent. Don't waste your money on the miserable USGI ripstop ponchos, they are not waterproof and I despise them

Also.. 100 MPH tape and a safety shaving razor to prepare a wound area and tape it off.. say a cut type wound. And a Celox bloodstopper kit is a must IMO. There are several types from gauze to a hypodermic type for injecting into a gunshot wound.. pick what you think is most likely

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=celox&x=0&y=0

Detailed MAP or your route home alternate routes home. Map should show details of what structures what infer-structure might be along the way. Rivers Bridges walking/driving/railroad etc. Even some satellite photo's of the routes you plan to take to get home get safe get away.

How about TP

How about a few latex gloves maybe a Mouth to Mouth barrier and some first aid stuff

If a major natural disaster takes place thing might look very different and routes will not be passable.

In order to get 12 miles home from Salem to Central Howell My dad and a buddy had to cut and pull out of the way 11 Oak and 2 fir trees and a number of power poles during the Columbus day storm in Oct 62. Luckily his buddy had a chainsaw and fuel Dad had a Chain and a Willys Jeep. They managed to clear the road as they went so a dozen cars could get down the road. Dad said the storm knocked stuff down behind them as they went.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top