JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Errand day today and had quite a few stops. Now I am old school on a lot of things, and my wife manages a retail outlet doing about 1 million a year. Her employees are trained to say " Thank you for coming in today," or Thank you for shopping at the XXXXX, whether the person buys anything or not. So today and most every other day this was my experience with the retail world. I try to be a friendly shopper, I thank the clerks, I tip the gas station guys and usually the oil change guys.

Fred Meyer groceries: Here you go..( while handing me my $ 140 receipt. )

Farm supply store (2 clerks) : Here you go, (handing me my receipt.) Have a good one, ( loading my chicken feed).

Gas station ( not my normal dude I tip, ) : Here you go. (Handing me my receipt)

Bi Mart ( handing me the receipt) : Here you go.

Physical therapy: Have a good one.

Oil change: Young dude who rang me out : Have a good one. 2 Vietnamese owners as they directed me out : " Thank you sir for coming in see you next time. Thank you." They give you a slight head bow when they do that, not too much though they are both ex South Vietnamese military officers, in their early 70's. I got to talking to them a couple years ago and the one dude directs me out of the bay and gave me a slight two finger salute, I give him a full hand salute. This has now become a routine when I go in there, I feel they deserve it as former military officers and they are nice guys.

Dinner: Have a good one.

Not wanting to bag on the younger generation, but the only people who said thank you were the older Vietnamese dudes. So I will just stop being so damn old and sensitive about such an unimportant thing.

When I had my business, I thanked my customers all the time. When we finished a job, when I had a 5 minute visit with them, on the phone, by e mail, with baseball tickets, I spent a couple thousand at Christmas time on cookies and treats for them, just seemed to be the way to do business and to be grateful for every dollar that came your way from them. Just not the way it is any more.

It's 2017 with mostly Millennials doing the mentioned jobs. :rolleyes:

Here you go. Have a good one. :D

thats what my guns say to me when i put them back in the safe.

no "thank you for feeding me"

no "see ya next time"

no "thanks for cleaning me spotless"

just "have a good one"

ungrateful bas..(u know the rest)

:p

If any of you have one of those HE clothes washers, then you know about how you (have) to do the Affresh cleaning cycle once in a while. A pack of six of those Affresh tabs runs between 10-12 bucks. Amazooon is having their deals days. I found the quantity six bags of Affresh for a buck a bag. I ordered twenty bags. Free shipping too. Score. I hated spending cash on those things.

My favorite was Home Depot a while back, just picking up some odds & ends & hardware.

Me: Howdy.

Cashier: Nothing, but asks are you going to want a bag for this stuff.

Me: Yes please.

she rings it up, I pay her, and she hands the receipt and change back.

Cashier, looking at my items: So you want these in a bag?

Cashier bags them, then hands me the bag staring at me.

Me: This is where you say thanks, or have a nice day.

Cashier: blank stare.

Again, it's 2017. We expect too much from these kids. That's why the blue collar workforce that pays upwards of $50/hour is left dwindling while $12 barista jobs are flying off the shelves. :rolleyes:

$100k/year for a journeyman electrician? Yep.

$25k/year for a Starbucks employee? Yep.

My favorite was Home Depot a while back, just picking up some odds & ends & hardware.

Me: Howdy.

Cashier: Nothing, but asks are you going to want a bag for this stuff.

she rings it up, I pay her, and she hands the receipt and change back.

Cashier, looking at my items: So you want these in a bag?

Cashier bags them, then hands me the bag staring at me.

Me: This is where you say thanks, or have a nice day.

Cashier: blank stare.

lancaster or parkway home depot?

some real winners at lancaster... good thing i work literally on the same street as the parkway one... though after recent home depot BS i may not go there anyway

Again, it's 2017. We expect too much from these kids. That's why the blue collar workforce that pays upwards of $50/hour is left dwindling while $12 barista jobs are flying off the shelves. :rolleyes:

$100k/year for a journeyman electrician? Yep.

$25k/year for a Starbucks employee? Yep.
dont forget dealership auto technicians are about 70-90k+/year!! its so hard to find guys that want to learn a trade now days.

lancaster or parkway home depot?

some real winners at lancaster... good thing i work literally on the same street as the parkway one... though after recent home depot BS i may not go there anyway

Lancaster by the 22. There are quite a few more professional/helpful/friendly folk working there now.

Just cracks me up thinking on that one though.

There was a cashier at the Lowes whom I don't think could possibly use more marijuana. Threw him for a complete dumbfounded tizzy when I gave him the correct amount so that I could get a $5 bill back in change, rather than singles and coins. Usually throws "them" off a little until they punch it into the register, but this guy was pretty lost.

Least he was friendly about knowing he was an idiot.

Errand day today and had quite a few stops. Now I am old school on a lot of things, and my wife manages a retail outlet doing about 1 million a year. Her employees are trained to say " Thank you for coming in today," or Thank you for shopping at the XXXXX, whether the person buys anything or not. So today and most every other day this was my experience with the retail world. I try to be a friendly shopper, I thank the clerks, I tip the gas station guys and usually the oil change guys.

Fred Meyer groceries: Here you go..( while handing me my $ 140 receipt. )

Farm supply store (2 clerks) : Here you go, (handing me my receipt.) Have a good one, ( loading my chicken feed).

Gas station ( not my normal dude I tip, ) : Here you go. (Handing me my receipt)

Bi Mart ( handing me the receipt) : Here you go.

Physical therapy: Have a good one.

Oil change: Young dude who rang me out : Have a good one. 2 Vietnamese owners as they directed me out : " Thank you sir for coming in see you next time. Thank you." They give you a slight head bow when they do that, not too much though they are both ex South Vietnamese military officers, in their early 70's. I got to talking to them a couple years ago and the one dude directs me out of the bay and gave me a slight two finger salute, I give him a full hand salute. This has now become a routine when I go in there, I feel they deserve it as former military officers and they are nice guys.

Dinner: Have a good one.

Not wanting to bag on the younger generation, but the only people who said thank you were the older Vietnamese dudes. So I will just stop being so damn old and sensitive about such an unimportant thing.

When I had my business, I thanked my customers all the time. When we finished a job, when I had a 5 minute visit with them, on the phone, by e mail, with baseball tickets, I spent a couple thousand at Christmas time on cookies and treats for them, just seemed to be the way to do business and to be grateful for every dollar that came your way from them. Just not the way it is any more.

Meh.....After so many "Thank You's" I get tired of giving them. Maybe they do too and they're just coming up with something else to be friendly. What I like to say is, "Spank you, spank you very MUCH!" :rolleyes:

When did I get old?????

About a year ago. The worse part is it really goes down hill now!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top