JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took my new-to-me S&W m66 to the range today. I could not wait to run some rounds through this gun. This is the first run one I had been talking about in other threads.

I put the first six rounds in it, cocked the hammer back, lined up the sights, and squeezed the trigger..."click." I could not believe what had just happened so I pulled the trigger again..."BANG!" A couple more pulls..."BANG! BANG!" Another pull..."click."

I unloaded the failed rounds and place them safely aside. I loaded it up again and had pretty much the same experience. I kept going and always ended up with one or two unfired rounds. I removed the rounds the first few times and then loaded them into my m649..."BANG! BANG! BANG!" They all went off without any problems.

I continued shooting the m66 until I was just about out of ammo. I found that if I went around the world twice I could usually get all the rounds to fire. I was just heart broken. Then I noticed something. The strain screw appeared to be a little far out. I got out my screw driver and found it was a full three rotations out from being tight. I tightened it up and then reloaded the gun. I only had eight rounds left by this time. All eight fired like a dream. I am going to have to go back tomorrow and see if that was truly the problem. I am sure hoping it was. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top