Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My ruger m77

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by SevenRemMag, Nov 18, 2013.

1. SevenRemMag

SevenRemMag west linn/oregon city Member

7mm Rem Mag Ruger M77 - YouTube

Well this is just a quick 8 second video showing off my baby. Its a badass rifle, someone didnt scope it in when they got it before I bought it at the pawnshop. Only thing on there modified per say is my sling, but I'm going to get a new recoil pad because the thing kicks you like an mma fighter, and I know; 2 years in Maui Thai haha

2. sterzenbach

sterzenbach Bend Oregon Active Member

Very nice, I lost my heart to a Ruger 77/357 myself. Always had rem 700's. Its real easy to mod the trigger if it hasn't been done already.

3. SevenRemMag

Ill get a better video of it next time I go, I might pick a teaser round if I can find one .

4. SevenRemMag

Tracer round, and probably a walk around of it haha.

5. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

You know approximately when your M77 was built? They got a bad rep in the mid-late 90s when they had some quality control issues before they retooled in 99 or so. From what I have read the ones from the "bad batch" had a little slop in the barrels and didn't group well when clean. You could cut the group size in half on those by only using powder solvent and not removing the copper as it tightened up the bore a hair and smoothed out the inconsistencies (roughness) in the rifling left by the old tooling.

No hate for the M77 here - never had an issue with them, they seem to be built well.

6. SevenRemMag

Made between 82-83

7. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

One day, I'm gonna get my hands on of the the International editions with the Mannlicher stocks. Always loved the look of them.

8. Mecanik

Mecanik La Center Active Member

Oh yes, I'm looking for one myself. the 77/357 seems like the perfect survival/SHTF rifle. Lightweight and just enough power to do what you need to do without drawing a lot of unwanted attention.

9. sterzenbach

sterzenbach Bend Oregon Active Member

Yeah I got it in a trade with intent out getting rid of it assp... but boy that didn't happen. Started reloading for this rifle and it's been a blast.