JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It appears that these are made in the same El Salvador plant as my Condor Tomahawk (as well as the same German tooling). At $14.95 each ($29.90 shipped) these cleavers "ring" with the sound of excellent heat treatment. (I have been watching some intrepid souls on Youtube using/abusing these units). None of them seem the worse for wear. They "take a licking and keep on ticking".

These are made from the same 1075 High Carbon Steel that comprises my Condor Tomahawk. That alone should tell you something. The "kitchen" cleaver will wind up chopping vegetables, "rock slicing" pizza pies and many more culinary chores.

From what I can see they'll be well worth everything he paid.

With all these tomahawks you have been collecting @Captain O I'm curious if you partake in any competitions? Or are in a league. I know they have a couple now because of bars like the Freckin Brew.

I've thrown a few at the Freckin Brew and it's really fun and challenging.

I don't believe in throwing Tomahawks. While It may be fun, it tends to tear up the Tomahawk as well as the area around it.

I like the control of handling the 'Hawks and using them to a horrific effect on an adversary. It reminds me of the old Raid household insecticide commercials: Kills bad guys dead!

"Wally" and "Theodore" arrived in today's mail and I am pleased with how quickly these 1075 High Carbon Steel Cleavers took a razor-sharp edge. Yep while only 2mm thick, they honed nicely. If I keep them dry, their edges shouldn't rust.

So far, so good.

While throwing a tomahawk at a mark is fun and challenging , it will damage the head and handle of your 'Hawk.

Not to drift too far from the OP , but I have found only a few references to throwing a tomahawk in period* accounts such as journals , letters , diaries etc...
*period as in 18th and 19th century.

I have no doubt that someone at sometime threw a tomahawk at someone...but as a general rule :
'Hawks were used as light weight axes for fire wood , general chopping and close quarter fighting , with the 'Hawk being retained , not thrown....
Most period accounts that I have read of the 'Hawk being thrown were either of the last desperate measure or of the
"Hey can you hit that with your 'Hawk"
...casual type of challenge .
Andy

Marbles Bolo Camp Cleaver
Marbles Bolo Camp Cleaver.jpg

WWII Bolo knife, like my dad's. It had a thick heavy blade. We used it to chop brush.

bolo knife.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top