Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My ridiculous gun purchase

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 1, 2012.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Have you ever bought a gun that was just over-the-top ridiculous? A gun you cannot possibly justify a need for or a reason for owning. I think I may have just bought the most ridiculous gun I have ever owned.

My Ridiculous Gun Purchase: S&W 500 Magnum - YouTube

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  2. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Shot one a couple times, have no desire to own one, but they are impressive! Congrats.

3. KONE KILLER

KONE KILLER WASHOUGAL, WA Active Member

I see nothing ridiculous about that.... Other than the price of ammo for it...
    I would love to have one of those!! Hell, my wife would even try to find a way to put it in her purse.

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Not my thing, but it really is a cool gun that is for sure. Love that polish job. Forget the P238, carry that for defense :)

5. PlayboyPenguin

Want to hear something ever more ridiculous? I just ordered a set of Hogue wood grips for it. Good thing I own a nice thick shooting glove.

662072.jpg

6. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

So, how come your Youtube ID. is YankeeMarshall, and here it's PlayboyPenguin?

At any rate, congrats on your admittedly ridiculous gun purchase. I would never own one even if offered for free. But, as the saying goes, whatever floats your boat!

7. PlayboyPenguin

if you look at all my photos they have always said "The Yankee Marshal." That was always intended to be my screen name on gun forums. When I joined my first gun forum the computer imported my profile from another site which was my profile for my animation collectors sites. That name was "PlayboyPenguin" after the character from the old Bugs Bunny cartoons. I did not notice until it was too late and I already made several posts under the later name.

8. SIXGUNRUGER

SIXGUNRUGER Forest Grove, OR Active Member 2015 Volunteer

I was wondering who ended up with that 500. That polish job looks nice on it.

9. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

PlayboyPenguin, YankeeMarshall, whatever your name is, nice gun! If I ever lived in Grizzly country, this would be my first purchase. I still may own one, just for kicks. It is not ridiculous. A fine purchase in my opinion. Well done. Kip

10. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

What a great conversation-starter at the range! Now you can hand it to some 80# girl to try it out while you shoot the video.
    Seriously, it looks like a blast - so to speak - and I doubt it's ever going to lose any value. Besides, it's your money, so you choose the toys.

11. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Seattle WA Active Member

I have...
    Recently got a Desert Eagle. Not very useful. Don't hunt. Don't silluet compete. Pretty expensive to feed.
    But hella fun to shoot!
    (And it's one of thee first 44 Magnum ones ever made so the collectable value will just keep going up)
    And a equally 'useless' S&W like yours will probably land in my stash too! Love to try one out!

12. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

So I Assume this is your carry gun when yo have ride Max

That looks worse than Dirty Harry's gun

13. PlayboyPenguin

Yup, I make sure to wear a short skirt so I can shove it in my garter.

14. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

In another thread a while ago, about the Desert Eagle, some one commented that you get a buddy to buy a gun like that. Then you can shoot it on occasion with out having to actually put out the money to own it! Be my buddy?

Mike

15. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

16. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

what the heck happened there? did the one in the chamber fire and the next on in line fire without being lined upwith the barrel?

17. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

18. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I fired a .460 S&W about a month ago. Quite a handful but better than the Ruger Alaskan .454 Casull. I once bought a Desert Eagle .50AE just to see what shooting it was really like. :)

19. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

20. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

LOL, good video and funny too. Thanks for the humor! My palms were sweating all the way through just thinking of seeing it go bang. Thanks for sparing me that angst:) I don't think I'd ever want one. Would like to see the range report though so I can viciously twitch, shake and quake:)

I'll confess that I enjoyed how smooth the action seemed.......