JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've recently had the revolver bug. I've acquired 3 in the last 3 months.

From the top.
27-2 5"
19-4 4"
65-5. 3"
Cobra. 2"

Probably get a 6" next. Would love to get a python but damn they are getting spendy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410454509.712707.jpg

If you do buy a Python, don't get a pretty one.
You'll never shoot it, just take it out it out of the safe every once and awhile, admire it, then stick it back in for safe keeping.

That Smith 65 is a great carry piece..................;)

I haven't carried it a lot. I've been carrying the colt cobra quite a bit since I picked it up. But I need a better holster for both of them. Just picked up the 27 this weekend. Haven't even shot it. I've only carried the 19 three times in the couple months I've owned it

I haven't carried it a lot. I've been carrying the colt cobra quite a bit since I picked it up. But I need a better holster for both of them. Just picked up the 27 this weekend. Haven't even shot it. I've only carried the 19 three times in the couple months I've owned it
Try Ted Blocker.. he's and old time (big time though) local boy around Hillsborough or so.

Get a 6" pre lock 686. Close to a Python. That being said, I am glad I bought a Python when I could. Another good collector revolver is the Dirty Harry Model 29. I tend to be biased though... :)

Oh, I do shoot the Python, often... :)

3cb033493634a2c39e289a17a9fee976_zpsed55704c.jpg

There is one revolver that I parted with and wish I'd not done so. Someday I'll pick up another.

686+ 4" round butt. Fit my hand like a glove and shot better than I can point my finger. Fantastic handgun.

To me the Python just oooozes cool, but I'm afraid it would just be a safe queen like Jbett says, and just like my '50s vintage Colt 1911. The 686 I had no qualms in using, carrying and shooting, just like my CBOB. Some guns are for looking at, others are for using.
(no offense to you Python "users".)

If you are thinking of a .44 magnum, consider a 6" S&W M629 (no dash), sometimes referred to as 629-0. This was the first in the series, made between 1979 through 1981, and the only 629's that had the pinned barrels and recessed cylinders (P&R). The P&R features were eliminated on the 629-1 series and those would cost you much less. Being stainless your odds of finding a really nice one are quite high. I should note that the most sought after is the 4" 629, only made for one year (1981) but you stated you will probably be looking to add a 6". They also made a 8 3/8" that same year. Prices on all 3 barrel length versions of no dash 629s continue to climb and should be a sound investment, even if you shoot them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top