JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked it up a few days ago and it did not look too bad. It just showed some holster wear and had a few scratches and a couple nicks. It looked like this...

SF-VI.jpg

Then it looked like this a couple days ago...

Disassembled.jpg

Now I have just about finished it. It just needs a tiny bit more buffing and the new grips installed that I ordered. It is extremely hard to get a decent pic of a glossy gun without setting up proper lighting but this pic turned out well enough to give you the general idea. Here is what it looks like now...

polishedpony.jpg

This gun is making me think seriously about going back to carrying a revolver as my EDC.

That is nice. Good job.I think it's alway better to have a owner of a gun work on it other than a gunsmith ,because it means so much more to them than just a paycheck. I also feel sorry for them that are afraid of working on there own firearms.To me I don't feel like I own a firearm intill I know how it works, and can fix it .

Didn't look bad to begin with, I'd have left it alone to protect it's collector value.

8 former US Presidents have been NRA Members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Didn't look bad to begin with, I'd have left it alone to protect it's collector value.

8 former US Presidents have been NRA Members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member
First, these modern Colts have little in the way of "collector's value."

Second, polishing stainless will not affect value. The gun can easily be restored to the original finish. It is not like blueing.

I'm curious how do you buff it? If I bought a set of dremel tools would that do it?

You can use a dremel, but I prefer the old fashioned way. I like to buff by hand. With a dremel you have to make sure to not use an abrasive or you may damage the sdurface badly before you realize what you are doing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top