JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tell me what you guys think and what I should do next.... This ptr91 has all HK internal, Bill springer trigger kit, shoots Moa of 1-1.5 inch at 150 yards and in very happy with it so far...
Parts List:
Utg tri rail forearm
Magpul prs2 buttstock
Bill springer trigger setup
Utg quick release scope mount
Bushnell banner 6x18x50 made in Korea
Harris bipod with GG&G adapter
HK internals

Probably forgetting other things..
47de6e7d-4672-26d1.jpg
47de6e7d-4687-9493.jpg

Yeah, that's true. The HK is the most awkward, front -heavy rifle I've ever held. If I were forced to carry a full size battle rifle for a living, I'd carry a MAS 49/56 in the original 7.5 over the HK any day.

Keith

The HK is a reliable weapon, no doubt. I have no issues with mine in that regard, its just that its so front heavy and you have to have ape arms to charge the system if firing from prone.

If you like semi autos chambered in full-sized .30 cal. cartridges, you might also want to take a look into the MAS 49/56 platform. The MAS in its original 7.5 French (nearly identical to 7,62 NATO) is just as reliable, just as robust and is actually about as simple a semi-auto as you can have. Direct impingement of barrel gas into the bolt carrier cycles the action, but with the carrier being a solid chunk of metal, it doesn't have the potential to get gummed up like an AR's might. The bolt itself can be stripped out of the rifle and disassembled to the firing pin in about 15 seconds. Its well balanced, light, extremely accurate and it comes with a scope base milled right in the receiver. The standard APX 806L scope that these rifles are paired with leave alot to be desired though...the Zeiss/Hensoldt FERO-Z scope for the HK is far superior optically. STAY AWAY from the Century rechamber hackjobs in 7.62 NATO!

But, I digress, lets keep talking about your PTR :) .

Keith

I don't want to gunk up your thread with my pictures, so here's a link to some of mine. Towards the bottom of the thread I have a few pictures of some Mosin PUs, the SAR and the MAS.

HK91 STANAG claw mount question for the experts

'Reproduction ' Mosin PUs, infantry rifles that never were snipers in WWII, come with modern Ukrainian reproduction PU scopes and can be found for $400-$450 these days. They're pretty good deals for those who can't afford 'real' ones, and can shoot quite well. 'Real' rifles can start around $650 for Yugoslavian war-aid rifles to $800 and up for Russian rifles. Mosin PUs are the only WWII sniper rifle that are still affordable. Japanese, German, even Italian snipers are much, much more.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads