JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If everyone would follow the original law there would not be a problem "Thou Shalt not kill". Unfortunately all laws are free to be broken by those who chose. More laws will not work. The physical presence of a strong deterrent will work in most cases. Those who chose targets choose the easiest target, not the most defended.

Of course the true reading is "thou shalt not murder"...

And the death penalty applied to all premeditated murders and it came swiftly

Sorry, I blue highlighted you magically rendering your statement meaningless, without any thought or reason and Burt will think It's hilarious.

Nope, all you did was say that your unsupported opinion should trump my right to decide what tools I need in order to take responsibility for my own safety.

I have every right to express my opinion as I feel fit, just as you did in tirelessly defending a stupid squid that was legally killed so spare me the condescending blue/red highlights. I never said anything about doing anything to "military" type firearms so no need for the lecture.

Yes you have the right AND the freedom to express yourself and I am glad that you do. My point was do NOT take my freedoms for your feelings, I will not take your freedoms for my feelings. Is that so hard to understand?

Yes you did say doing something to "military" type firearms are you are limiting how they were designed to function.

Yes I did state my feelings about an Octo that was pulled from a certain area. I did not call to have them all saved. I did not call to have the right to hunt them stopped. I did not call to stop you from having your freedoms or rights. What you are calling for DOES infringe on others rights including mine.

Yes you have the right AND the freedom to express yourself and I am glad that you do. My point was do NOT take my freedoms for your feelings, I will not take your freedoms for my feelings. Is that so hard to understand?

No it's not hard to understand at all. It's EXACTLY what the folks who were trying to infringe on the octo hunters rights by using harrassment and intimidation were doing.

Maybe there is no way to curb gun violence without infringing on our 2nd amendment rights, but it would be nice to have a discussion about it without people immediately trying to mock and belittle opposing views. It's unfortunate to because mixed in with the typical condescending B.S. rhetoric are some valid points worthy of discussion but I guess you can only expect so much from the internet.

Burt hit it on the nail on the head. First 6 and the only change needed is less laws concerning guns, not more or no change. They are mostly changes that a community should handle and should not be mandatory. NO to the last 5. Not just NO, but H-E-double toothpicks NO!

To be clear, I would like to see no ban placed on gun ownership and no laws changed. I think it is unconstitutional and it will not cure the ills driving this desire.

*paraphrased*
A whole bunch of blah blah blah, and nonsensical crap.

I got a better idea. How about the government not infringe on the 2nd amendment anymore at all. Any law they have already passed is unconstitutional seeing that the amendment is there to keep them in check. Any law they pass against or for it is a direct conflict of interest.

As for banning guns, this guy was smart enough to build a simple bomb. So all you are telling me that is you are a true sick person who wanted a higher death count.

This just irritates me to no end.

Firstly mommy bought these guns and not through a gun show loop hole, so stupid law. There was already a law that states no handgun sales before the age of 21, Adam Lanza was 20... Gee that law seemed real effective. Also last time I checked murder was against the law as well. Gee that helped a lot too.

Laws are like locks on doors. They make honest people pat themselves on the back and feel good about themselves. They don't keep the people you desire from doing what they do if they feel like it.

Momma also broke federal law by giving the beloved, coddled psycho acess to and shooting time with firearms. She basically gave the kook better skill with the guns he may have used, if he was the actual shooter, as well as apparent full access to them. More firearms laws are not going to solve anything, but they will further violate the 2nd

Momma also broke federal law by giving the beloved, coddled psycho acess to and shooting time with firearms. She basically gave the kook better skill with the guns he may have used, if he was the actual shooter, as well as apparent full access to them. More firearms laws are not going to solve anything, but they will further violate the 2nd

To note, I put a lot of blame on this to both of the parents. Apparently the guy had a father who wanted nothing to do with him, and a mother that basically created his anti-social persona. This guy didn't have a normal childhood like most of us. He lacked the ability to feel physical pain. His mother limited his actions and interactions with other greatly. I am pretty sure this guy didn't play sports, go to friends' houses, etc. because his mother didn't want to see him get hurt. Now look at the situation. I hope someone castrates his father and brother and every other male of the household so that the seed has no chance of further propagating the earth.

Thank you to those of you who chastised me for my proposal. And I mean that. I have been mulling over this thread and want to thank those who chastised my suggestion and want to apologize at the same time. YOU ARE RIGHT! I was, and am still, very distressed over this who pending ban threat. In a moment of weakness I gave in to the other side and began trying to think of a way out of this that appeases those who want to restricted 2A and still have something left for us.

We shouldn't give in. We have already given in too much. There should be no compromise. I realize after thinking this thru and reading your comments that 2A is pretty important and I was too quick to consider surrender of any of my or your rights.

I have written my congressional leaders, funding the fight with OFF and NRA and will not even consider giving up my constitutional rights.

Thank you for all the comments. You've set my thinking straight and given me renewed courage. I encourage everyone who reads this to do everything you can (legally) to ensure Frankenstein's ban does not happen.

Thanks again!

I think we all go though times of thinking of how we can "help", how we can "make things better" for all. I am not sure your age group but every "generation" grows up thinking what they know "is the way it has always been" so to "give up a little" is no big deal because they don't realize what is already lost. Just a simple example is "kids" today think it is normal for gas to be $3+/gal when less then 10 years ago it was $1/gal.

I too was "guilty" of being willing to submit to checks/permits to keep guns out of the hands of "bad guys". Well that nothing more then a feel good measure. The real issue is to deal with the "bad guys" at a different level like WHY are they even in a place in society where they can get a gun.

We do not need more gun laws, we have to many now and those existing laws do not stop the bad guy. We also don't need to arm teachers, god my wife taught school for 30 years and she could never handle a gun. Teachers are there to teach kids not be the cop. put an armed guard in the schools. What we need is to get rid of stupid politicians and come up with realistic solutions. Society has changed and we need to change with it but more gun laws is not a solution, not even a bandaid as that's already been proven by how the existing gun laws don't stop it.
We have to many violent TV shows and video games that kids watch, cut those out. Start now with better mental health programs for kids and adults.
We're never going to stop it all but start at the basics and work up from there.

If everyone would follow the original law there would not be a problem "Thou Shalt not kill". Unfortunately all laws are free to be broken by those who chose. More laws will not work. The physical presence of a strong deterrent will work in most cases. Those who chose targets choose the easiest target, not the most defended.

A strong deterrent for premedatated murder is public hanging, get over it people send a message that creeps understand.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top