JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the purchase of a P365 with manual safety I wanted to compare 3 of my pistols. First post will be the measurements. I then want to go out and shoot the three pistols side by side. I'm thinking 50 rounds through each with a 5 shot group at 7 yards. Groups will be shot standing, unsupported. Any other suggestions would be great. I used the internet for the dimensions and weighed the pistols loaded on my food scale.

Sig 290RS
  • Length: 5.5 inches.
  • Height: 3.9 inches.
  • Width: 0.9 inches.
  • Weight: 24.2 oz. loaded 6+1.
  • Barrel length: 2.9 inches.
Sig P365 w/safety

• Length: 5.8 inches
  • Height: 4.3 inches
  • Width: 1.1 inches
  • Weight: 23.6 oz. loaded 10+1
  • Barrel length: 3.1 inches
Glock 43x
  • Length: 6.5 inches
  • Height: 5.0 inches
  • Width: 1.1 inches
  • Weight: 23.6 oz. loaded 10+1
  • Barrel length: 3.4 inches

It was interesting that both the P365 and Glock were the same weight.

That has the makings for a great test! My prediction is sig 290 sill be worst in terms of accuracy vs. the other two will be close. My only suggestion would be to not do just slow fire, but draw and do 2 shot drills. You may not have the time or ammo to do all that but I would try to mimic a real world situation as much as possible. Drawing and firing fast IMO really gives you a feel for how well you can aquire a target quickly and how fast you can shoot accurately with it (which is the most important thing with a carry pistol). Basically everything I would say here about slow-fire vs. firing fast can be said much better by the best of the best, Rob Lathum, in this short video:
This video is also helpful IMO talking about why small guns are hard to shoot relative to big guns, and what features make small guns easier to shoot:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads