JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Every time I go to the Starline site to get 10mm it's right there on the line below, calling out to me - 10 MM MAGNUM.

I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard converting a G20 to shoot that cartridge: Get a fully supported aftermarket barrel and drill it out, put on a heavy muzzle break and add stronger spring. The biggest problem as I see would be magazines, there aren't any, yet...

I have no gunsmithing, metalurgy or mechanical experience. But for heavens sake, the 460 Rowland bumps the pressure on regular 45's to the double 21K to 40K PSI. That's with AFAIK with standard barrels and slides with a stronger spring and some extra weight.

10mm to 10 mm magnum would only be from 38 to to 43 K PSI. The G20 slide is beefed up compared to a G21 and the barrel has thicker walls - I think...

Except for the magazine problem I don't think is too far-fetched, or?

I can offer this as a long time 10mm reloader I once grossly overloaded some Blue Dot and the G29 ate it up. And I mean I went over a ton. It was supposed to be 10.5gr and I put in 15gr so yeah......sold on the Glock that day.....10 rounds too....felt like a 44 mag but I thought it was just big boomy Blue Dot since it had been about 3 years since I shot it......Glock 10mm are super strong

I would be thinking about shell length for ejection

Woow - 15 grains! That must almost have filled the case. You didn't happen to chrono that by any chance?

I guess it will remain a pipe dream. Or I need to get hold of an Automag. But that doens' really appeal ;-(

Woow - 15 grains! That must almost have filled the case. You didn't happen to chrono that by any chance?
it did about fill and I wish so bad I clocked them, but seeing how I cant be wrong I just thought to myself " my Blue Dot is fluffy.....I dont remember that"......yep a serious case of complacency I had that day and learned a big lesson.
First round I was like "whooo hoo I love Blue Dot" shot 5 gave it to a bud that never shot a 10mm and I said " Hang on". He shot and about lost the gun.I squawked " I said hang on" he yelled " I did !"
I quickly went in search of brass and found this....a fool and his brass

for reference 11gr of Blue Dot nets me 1273fps in a stock G29(3.7") pushing 180gr XTP so the 15gr would be interesting to chrono......probably in the middle of 41 magnum numbers somewhere

IMG_2027_zpsaf6cd601.jpg IMG_2023_zps4fbc08ad.jpg IMG_2021_zps586d385a.jpg

Interesting - it looks like the bulge is only where the case was not fully supported?

And yea - looks like you were lucky there. The case above #9 seems like it was just about to Crack.

Interesting - it looks like the bulge is only where the case was not fully supported?
that's right.
Supported enough to avoid catastrophe but its still a Glock barrel.

The pistol is extremely strong and despite what people think about the plastic lower it is pretty genius in the application of heavy recoiling rounds because it flexes and absorbs shock....as can be seen in high speed video of Glocks cycling ammo....I might bet that 15gr of BD would crack a 1911 frame , at least sting your hand good....the Glock was snappy but it didn't sting to shoot
Some credit goes to the design on the 10mm brass as well. I cross cut one to see how close the were to breaching and it was close but the web on the 10mm case is very substantial I found....its truly built like a magnum case, but rimless....reloaders dream cartridge

I think they look a little stretched above the rim as well in the extractor groove.....

I wonder if the Lone Wolf supported barrel would be a good way to go?
The problem with getting a 100mm mag is the 10 is just now going some place. Finally getting it's due respect
Maybe in a Desert Eagle? Have someone build a 10mm barrel for a 44 DE.There wouldn't be any frame crackin there

I bet Glock could do a G40 in 10mm mag.....I would probably sell something for one....not really a big Glock fan, I do respect them and carry one most days but I got one cause I love 10mm
16 rounds of 10mm mag would be pretty hard to beat , G40.1

it did about fill and I wish so bad I clocked them, but seeing how I cant be wrong I just thought to myself " my Blue Dot is fluffy.....I dont remember that"......yep a serious case of complacency I had that day and learned a big lesson.
First round I was like "whooo hoo I love Blue Dot" shot 5 gave it to a bud that never shot a 10mm and I said " Hang on". He shot and about lost the gun.I squawked " I said hang on" he yelled " I did !"
I quickly went in search of brass and found this....a fool and his brass

for reference 11gr of Blue Dot nets me 1273fps in a stock G29(3.7") pushing 180gr XTP so the 15gr would be interesting to chrono......probably in the middle of 41 magnum numbers somewhere

WOW !!!! Those are some impressive bulges, I've never seen anything quite like that!

Stacy

I bet Glock could do a G40 in 10mm mag.....I would probably sell something for one....not really a big Glock fan, I do respect them and carry one most days but I got one cause I love 10mm
16 rounds of 10mm mag would be pretty hard to beat , G40.1
Maybe call Lone Wolf and ask them about the possibilities. They would be a lot easier to contact than Glock.

Got another response back from LW - "they have no plans on doing it" :-(

Maybe if more people asked they'd look over their plans again - hint, hint ;-)

I just can't get this off my mind but it'll have to take the backseat until I get rich. I crafted my own 10mm magnum dummy just for grins. It's too long for even the empty magwell fed horizontally. Not sure if feeding at an angle would work or make sense. Also, it would absolutely not eject.

10mm left, 10mm magnum right
10mm10mmMagnum.jpg

I had seen 10 MM Magnum in print brfore, but just thought someone misspoke. I can shoot my G-19 very well, but I still don't like the longer reach to the trigger, I can do it I just don't like it. If I got a 20 it would have to be the G-20SF.
I have ordered a SA XD mod 2 subcompact in 45 and will give that a whirl.
I do like the way 10MM shoots though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads