Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My Other Evil Black ****

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RallySoob, Mar 9, 2010.

1. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

since the price of ammo went up I have been riding alot. Been throwing money at this project since I bought the bike in stock form about 8 months ago. Goin to Burns at the end of March for a shoot and ride, cant wait for that...

0711091204.jpg

2. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I also have a 450, mines an 04 Kicker. I just sold my 700P to throw some money into mine too. I just bought a 6 over swing arm, new tires and wheels, a LED headlight, new bumper, new hood and new rear plastics. It was red, I'm switching it to black with yellow front end. Do you go to sandlake a lot? We have a 1+ mile Motocross track at my house that you are welcome to ride when it drys out a little.

3. Gas

Gas Gig Harbor, Washington, United States Active Member

Nice ride, I have a grizzly 700 with a 2bros pipe and juice box. Went to sand lake last year and had a blast. I wish I lived closer than I do, I would go more often. Trails suck once your on the sand.

4. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

That looks like a hoot to ride!:thumbup:

5. RallySoob

Seriously? I would love that... let me know when would be a good time. I'll pm you my cell #.

We've gone out to Sand Lake alot this year yes. I try to go to the dunes every weekend if not every other. Sounds like your bike is pretty nice. Do you have any motor work done?

Here is a video I put together riding at Sand Lake last September/October (before hc2 cam and intake/exhaust)

6. RallySoob

this was my first pride and joy. Sold it a while back and left the hobby until I bought the 450r last July. I had this one at close to 45hp which was good for a 440ex

samjump2a.jpg

440ass.jpg

7. M.Link

M.Link Guest

That's a nice 400. Next month its getting Ported, Hot Cam, FCR carb, ESR pipe and intake, and a clutch lockout. If I have enough from my bonus at work, it will get a bigbore lit too, if not maybe a higher compression piston. I had a really nice 87hp banshee before the 450, but broke the crank...gave it to my dad and he bought my the 450. When the 450 is done it should have 70+HP. Right now it has a HRC Kit from an 07. It runs pretty good.

8. RallySoob

70hp is peaking hard! That's gonna be fast... Rage or Racers Edge does head work for the pro race bikes, I would consider them if going over 60hp on a 450r. great place for info is www.quadforce.com these guys are in the loop... :thumbup:

I'm running a hot cam stage 2, ron woods race intake, yoshimura pipe now and couldnt be more satisfied. I think I'm at close to 45hp at wheels right now. My buddy has the 13.5:1 piston, dynatek cdi with map selector, hc2 cam, esr intake, and some other mods but I beat him by a hair because he is about 90lbs heavier than me...

9. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I have Templeton's Motorsports in Samlem do my work now. He's fair on prices and does great work. His 450R came in second at fourstroke wars last year. The bike that beat him was a ton lighter. He can do EVERYTHING, cam, intake, pipe,port, and bigbore kit, dyno tuned, for about 1500. He built my girlfriends dads Raptor 660 that has a dyno sheet for 109hp on Nitrous, that was like a month ago. When its hot out he should put down close to 120. Its like a 770 now.

10. RallySoob

Good to know. I never heard of them until now. I was looking for a local builder that knows the 450R well but never found one. 1500 is a smoking deal for all that work. The Athena 480 kit and a hotrod +3 crank will get you to 501cc. Add a bored out FCR carb, +1 valves, HD springs, Dynatek controller, race flow the head and your pushing close to 65-70.

11. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Bill (the owner of Templetons) has a dyno in his garage too. He just showed me an Athena Cylinder that is craked after about 5 trips out. He's been using another brand that is MUCH nicer for about 550.00 compleat. He's a really good guy. If you ever want to get ahold of him, I can give you his number. I also grew up next door to the owner of Direct Drive, Scott. He makes the clutch covers and lockouts. I have a lot of connections if you need parts. I need to find a FCR carb.. I suppose I could just trade mine with my girlfriends '06 TRX, she *might* not notice...

12. RallySoob

Right on, I met Scott over at Direct Drive. I drove to there place to buy one of their billet shifters thinking it would work on my bike but it didnt fit up inside the plastics right and would open up while I was riding thus causing the kicker bearing to skip against the running gears. Anyway, they dealt with me and gave me my money back so I like them ;)

Sounds like you got it figured out with templeton. I searched them on yahoo local and see they have a review that is a little un-nerving but other than that I don't see how he could be too bad being he got 2nd at the 4-stroke wars... Anyway, how long until you think you'll have that beast built like that?

13. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I'm hoping to have it done by June. I have one of Scotts billet kickers and have no problems with it. Cool he returned it. With reviews, everybody has an opinion. I have bad opinions about 3 or 4 local shops, but know other people that love them. I had a shop built my banshee motor, paid him 1200 bucks and it wouldn't start. When I finally got it running it ran like a turd. My dads friend has three motors from the same guy (his and his two sons banshees) and they are very good running. I have had no problems with Bills work. He's very upfront and will tell you to F-Off if you piss him off, I know a few people who talk bad about him and his work because of that.

14. RallySoob

I hear ya... That is usually how it goes...

15. greydog111

greydog111 peoples repubilik of Oregon Active Member

Cool motorcycle. When are the training wheels commin off?? Greydog.:laugh: