JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I spent some time looking into concealed carry insurance and thought I'd share my conclusions with the community. I would love any corrections if I've misunderstood these companies' offerings.

I'm not going to get into whether this insurance is a good or bad idea. You will have to decide that for yourself. If you do decide to go down this route, the info below may help you sort out the options.

This is my opinion - usual disclaimers, do your own research, etc. Important to note that in NY, NJ, and WA, this insurance is not available.

The things to consider are criminal defense, civil defense, civil liability, and bail. I also like "out of work" coverage and firearm retrieval service (as the police can sometimes make getting your gun back a lot of red tape, even if you're acquitted). Being able to choose your own lawyer is also nice. One company offers counseling sessions which is a nice bonus. You also want insurance that travels with you and covers you inside and outside the home.

I consider civil liability protection vital. I was once sued by a woman who claims she tripped on our driveway when she was trick-or-treating at our house (the lawsuit came a year later) and needed $50K because spraining a finger had put her out of work for months. I ended up being deposed, going to arbitration, etc. We won (she got nothing) and our homeowner's insurance covered all fees, but without this coverage we would have shelled out thousands in defense plus a judgement if we lost. I can only imagine what a self-defense civil lawsuit would entail.

I did not consider spousal add-ons (my wife won't touch a firearm) so you'll have to factor that in yourself.

USCCA - very comprehensive and I think the best choice. $2m liability, $250K defense, $50K bail bond, $750/day out of work, and your choice of attorney. The only gap is firearm retrieval coverage. The difference between Gold/Platinum/Elite is just access to more training videos and such - I didn't see anything worth paying for Platinum or Elite but your mileage may vary. $299/year for Gold.

CCWSafe - also a good choice, but potentially more expensive. You cannot select your own attorney. They offer counseling sessions as a benefit, which is nice. $250/day out of work coverage. Attorney fees are unlimited, but you need to add $220/year to liability coverage, so it's $429/year for their base package. The higher tier adds more counseling sessions and slightly better lost wages ($350/day) - with liability added you're over $700/year for that. Their web site is not the best - for example, I'm assuming you can add civil liability protection to the ultimate package because it isn't actually stated. Biggest draw is unlimited attorney fees...you have to decide (how? no idea) if $250K from USCCA is enough or if you need unlimited. They do pay upfront and do offer firearm retrieval coverage.

Lockton Affinity - GunBroker sent me an ad for this. Very simple plan, which covers hunting/AD/lost firearm/self-defense all in one plan. There are four tiers and each has an overall limit with a defense fees sublimit. They range from $250K combined criminal/civil with a $50K defense sublimit for $75/year all the way to $1.5m combined/$250K defense for $265K. I believe LA underwrote NRA's CarryGuard when it existed. No bail, no lost wages, no firearm retrieval, etc. Bare bones coverage but more affordable.

Companies I do not recommend:

Second Call Defense - I do not recommend because I feel their advertising is deceptive. They offer "civil suit defense protection up to $1 million" which makes you think if you're successfully sued, you have $1m in coverage. Not true. You have $250K in coverage for "civil suit damages protection" and the $1m is attorneys fees, which is silly. Deceptive marketing in my opinion. You also have to pay for their highest tier (ultimate, $399 annual) to get criminal defense coverage of $100K, which may be too low. The lower tiers are as low as $25K coverage. Not a good option.

US Law Shield - $131.40 year or $10.95/mo, but you have to add-on various coverages for multi-state, bail bond, etc. Oddly, bail bond is not available in Oregon. Pays all attorneys fees but there is no option for civil liability protection. Pass.

Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network - just an attorney referral service with no insurance coverage.

Nice breakdown. I'm going to look more into that USCCA option…. The daily "out of work" benefit in their package would at least cover most of any lost wages should I ever find myself in that position, and the other benefit amounts seem more appropriate as well.

You're calling this CC insurance. Does it cover you if you are in your home and its a HD gun not being carried at all? A home invasion, for example?

Years back I owned a construction company, and had a rider policy for Civil Liability. It covered me for basicly anything I could be suied for including Trafic accidents, If something I built injured someone, and if I shot someone accidently or on purpose. The coverage was cheap! Something like $65 a year. Before I bought into a CCW policy I would ask my own insurance company what they offer as a rider to your existing policy. You might be surprised at the cost. DR

I can't figure out why this is prohibited in WA. How could this be a bad thing in this state?
Because Kiddie-Diddler Kreidler wants to ensure that you're forced to plead out and bankrupted should you have to defend yourself, simply because of being unable to afford any better than the dumbest hack the public defender's office can find.

Years back I owned a construction company, and had a rider policy for Civil Liability. It covered me for basicly anything I could be suied for including Trafic accidents, If something I built injured someone, and if I shot someone accidently or on purpose. The coverage was cheap! Something like $65 a year. Before I bought into a CCW policy I would ask my own insurance company what they offer as a rider to your existing policy. You might be surprised at the cost. DR
Good tip.

You're calling this CC insurance. Does it cover you if you are in your home and its a HD gun not being carried at all? A home invasion, for example?
USCCA covers "lawful self defense." So, yes a HD scenario would be covered. I don't know about the others but would assume similar.
I can't figure out why this is prohibited in WA. How could this be a bad thing in this state?
The reason is that you cannot insure against a crime, or (I think) that it is illegal to do so. It takes some mental gymnastics of Olympian strength to go from lawful self defense to all shootings are criminal…I'm just telling ya what I know.

Read more here: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...e-coverage-for-shootings-in-washington-state/

Because this gulag of a state is run by Jackboot Jay Inslee and Sideshow Bob Ferguson, the AG.
The USCCA insurance certainly does. It covers you wherever you are legally entitled to carry a firearm. It will NOT cover you in legally-mandated GFZs (schools, US Post Offices, courthouses, etc.), privately-posted GFZs (malls, stores, libraries, etc.), your place of employment (if your employer has a written "no firearms allowed" policy), etc. It will cover you in your own home, or the home of others, for a DGU against a home invasion.
USCCA covers "lawful self defense." So, yes a HD scenario would be covered. I don't know about the others but would assume similar.

The reason is that you cannot insure against a crime, or (I think) that it is illegal to do so. It takes some mental gymnastics of Olympian strength to go from lawful self defense to all shootings are criminal…I'm just telling ya what I know.

Read more here: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...e-coverage-for-shootings-in-washington-state/
I used to have USCCA Platinum coverage, and I loved the hell out of it, for as long as I had it. Then, those two bastards, Jackboot Jay Inslee and Sideshow Bob Ferguson, decided that it was "murder insurance" (borrowing a phrase from now-disgraced Governor Cuomo, who also outlawed CCW insurance in NY). So, when it lapsed after my coverage anniversary, I, as a WA resident, was left unprotected from a suit arising out of a DGU should I ever be involved in one. I am moving to Idaho, where people are free...

Last Edited:
Because Kiddie-Diddler Kreidler wants to ensure that you're forced to plead out and bankrupted should you have to defend yourself, simply because of being unable to afford any better than the dumbest hack the public defender's office can find.
Here's the bastard's "reasoning" in this article:

Clearly, USCCA was not about to insure a policyholder if the policyholder committed a criminal act. That would be totally asinine.
The whole point of USCCA coverage is to protect a policyholder from the ravenous anti-gun prosecutors and other "woke" asshats that want to make examples out of law-abiding citizens protecting themselves from street thugs, home invaders, and riotous assclowns like BLMtifa and other "woke" malcontents...

Here's the bastard's "reasoning" in this article:

Clearly, USCCA was not about to insure a policyholder if the policyholder committed a criminal act. That would be totally asinine.
The whole point of USCCA coverage is to protect a policyholder from the ravenous anti-gun prosecutors and other "woke" asshats that want to make examples out of law-abiding citizens protecting themselves from street thugs, home invaders, and riotous assclowns like BLMtifa and other "woke" malcontents...
Pretty easily explained. Hate and logic have little or nothing to do with each other. And if there's one thing he's made clear it's that he hates you.

Pretty easily explained. Hate and logic have little or nothing to do with each other. And if there's one thing he's made clear it's that he hates you.
And sadly the chomo bast**d is there until the Prince of Darkness comes to collect on his account, or he gets caught butt-banging little boys... probably not even then, Seattle will just screech about how "pedophiles are just misunderstood and we have to CELEBRATE PERVERSITYDIVERSITY!"

And sadly the chomo bast**d is there until the Prince of Darkness comes to collect on his account, or he gets caught butt-banging little boys... probably not even then, Seattle will just screech about how "pedophiles are just misunderstood and we have to CELEBRATE PERVERSITYDIVERSITY!"
I'm really glad we let women vote and we let gays marry, but somewhere along the line this thing picked up momentum and jumped the tracks. Where does it end? Here's where it ends: The species Homo Sapien has two sexes. Adults who have sex with children are evil. No exceptions.

For the record: I have no PROOF that Mike Kreidler is a child molester, just noting that he tends to look a lot like one, act a lot like one, run in social circles where you tend to find a lot of them, and there have been rumors for quite some time...

For the record: I have no PROOF that Mike Kreidler is a child molester, just noting that he tends to look a lot like one, act a lot like one, run in social circles where you tend to find a lot of them, and there have been rumors for quite some time...
Oh, yeah. I can see it....

Kreidler.jpg

I probably read and researched the same materials as the OP and came away with a USCCA Gold membership earlier this year. I do love confirmation bias...
It's not very expensive (<$30/mo), but will be worth every penny in the unfortunate event that l have to use it.
I'm glad you could get it. I just hope that you can keep it, unlike me and many other Washingtonians... :(

I'm glad you could get it. I just hope that you can keep it, unlike me and many other Washingtonians... :(
WA pols copy and pasted that BS right offa MDA and Everytown's talking points... no rationale or justification beyond that, just blind allegiance to woke money.

See, those hate groups call CC coverage "murder insurance". They also call range sessions and training "murder practice". They are truly unhinged and contemptible... just garbage-humans.

It's one unfortunate reason WA had to get nixed as a potential relocation candidate when l split the scene in Portland. I lived in TC for a year and liked it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top