JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I responded to a friends email, that he had "need" to process a game animal, that had happened by one day, I replied with this:

"Reminds me of my friend, who heard a noise at his door. None of his friends used that door, it was a second floor house, built into a hill... So that stairway was just a nice straight climb.... Rather than a person climbing the muddy hill, he was nice that way...

But his real friends just walked into the Basement-Garage, and climbed the inside stairs, Yes, a nicer way to enter that house.... But that is not the direction the story was going, just sharing, he had Two Sets of Stairs, you see.

Well, sir, you see he went to the door, to see who it was. Opps, it was a What it Was, not a Who it was.

Black Bear, year old... Well, he had not Invited a Black Bear for Coffee that morning, and being Norwegian, he was a mite upset, that the Bear had disturbed his Morning Ritual, and believe me, you do not want to interrupt a Norwegian from his first cup of Coffee of the day, Yes sir, that there is The truth.

Why maybe, you might not want to disturb, even, their second cup of that precious black fluid that Norwegians are a bit fond of.

So, being inconsiderately inconvenienced, by said Black Bear, my Norwegian Friend, was in a Foul Mood, indeed, some would say, that the Black Bear was even more Human, at that moment, but I digress, I disConverge, upon the story, I got off track, lets say.

My Norwegian Friend, not in his proper Peaceful mind, without his coffee, said, "By Gum, I'll INvite that Bear to Stay, for a While, I will..." He talked funny that way, without his Coffee in the morning.

No sooner had all these thoughts rambled through his Agitated Mind, when upon closing the door rapidly, to prevent entering the premise, by the Bear.... When my friend, the Norwegian, you remember him, right??? Agitated He Was!!!!

Well, there, right by the Corner of the door, and the wall next to the door, the door being in the corner of the room, you see... Well, there, Right there, was his 30-30 Winchester, Model 94, to be exact....

And Low, my friend had this Idear. They put "r's" at the end of idea's, when they are extra good, you see, but I diverge....

He half cocks the lever, sure enough, there is Lead in the barrel, and so he closes the lever, Opens the Door, and says Kaboom, with his Finger... He is one of those old men, who would often say "pull this finger" ... And just as much smoke might be within the air, as from his 30-30, if you follow the drift..... (Drift, that was a Baaaaaad Pun...)

He set his Thuty Thuty against the wall, in the corner.... Went to the phone...

He called his Boss, and said, "Boss, I will be a little late this morning, a Black Bear interrupted my first cup of Coffee..."

His boss knew him well enough, that he did Not Want his Norwegian Employee present, until his coffee had been proper sipped, maybe Two cups, even Three, for a Bothered Norwegians Coffee Drinking, in the morning, does not make a pleasant Employee.

And that is how he talked the Bear into Hibernating in his Deep Freezer. At least, that is how I remember the story...."

philip

I responded to a friends email, that he had "need" to process a game animal, that had happened by one day, I replied with this:

"Reminds me of my friend, who heard a noise at his door. None of his friends used that door, it was a second floor house, built into a hill... So that stairway was just a nice straight climb.... Rather than a person climbing the muddy hill, he was nice that way...

But his real friends just walked into the Basement-Garage, and climbed the inside stairs, Yes, a nicer way to enter that house.... But that is not the direction the story was going, just sharing, he had Two Sets of Stairs, you see.

Well, sir, you see he went to the door, to see who it was. Opps, it was a What it Was, not a Who it was.

Black Bear, year old... Well, he had not Invited a Black Bear for Coffee that morning, and being Norwegian, he was a mite upset, that the Bear had disturbed his Morning Ritual, and believe me, you do not want to interrupt a Norwegian from his first cup of Coffee of the day, Yes sir, that there is The truth.

Why maybe, you might not want to disturb, even, their second cup of that precious black fluid that Norwegians are a bit fond of.

So, being inconsiderately inconvenienced, by said Black Bear, my Norwegian Friend, was in a Foul Mood, indeed, some would say, that the Black Bear was even more Human, at that moment, but I digress, I disConverge, upon the story, I got off track, lets say.

My Norwegian Friend, not in his proper Peaceful mind, without his coffee, said, "By Gum, I'll INvite that Bear to Stay, for a While, I will..." He talked funny that way, without his Coffee in the morning.

No sooner had all these thoughts rambled through his Agitated Mind, when upon closing the door rapidly, to prevent entering the premise, by the Bear.... When my friend, the Norwegian, you remember him, right??? Agitated He Was!!!!

Well, there, right by the Corner of the door, and the wall next to the door, the door being in the corner of the room, you see... Well, there, Right there, was his 30-30 Winchester, Model 94, to be exact....

And Low, my friend had this Idear. They put "r's" at the end of idea's, when they are extra good, you see, but I diverge....

He half cocks the lever, sure enough, there is Lead in the barrel, and so he closes the lever, Opens the Door, and says Kaboom, with his Finger... He is one of those old men, who would often say "pull this finger" ... And just as much smoke might be within the air, as from his 30-30, if you follow the drift..... (Drift, that was a Baaaaaad Pun...)

He set his Thuty Thuty against the wall, in the corner.... Went to the phone...

He called his Boss, and said, "Boss, I will be a little late this morning, a Black Bear interrupted my first cup of Coffee..."

His boss knew him well enough, that he did Not Want his Norwegian Employee present, until his coffee had been proper sipped, maybe Two cups, even Three, for a Bothered Norwegians Coffee Drinking, in the morning, does not make a pleasant Employee.

And that is how he talked the Bear into Hibernating in his Deep Freezer. At least, that is how I remember the story...."

philip

Where you been hiding ????

Taku, my friend, remember a PM about electronics? I am there, doing it. Picking it back up after Forty Plus years has been interesting. I bought two Kits and have been working hard on Number One: "learn Electronics", you know, build fifteen different items and reuse the parts, or buy New ones And a Printed Circuit Board, if you want to keep a special item.

lots of relearning my VietNam call sign: Trouble Shooter One, Five, an on the side: Trouble Shooter One Four, lives up in Aloha, Oregon!!!! We have met several times in the past Fifteen Years.... So trouble shooting circuits has kept me busy.

Today, amongst other things, I laid out all the parts, in correct direction, for tomorrows work: a 12Volt to 5Volt regulated circuit, with no ripple, no variant spikes, ready for Kit two: I purchased a "Computer on single board", to be specific, a "BeagleBoneBlack" which is entirely made within the United States of America. These computers are doing a return to retro Computing, they are very similar in Concept, to those First Home built computers, of the Seventies... With several modern variations:

1. Using Micro SD Cards to store the OS.
2. More RAM is available.
3. With the Nano level of Micro Computing, they are full computers, on a single PCB. There is an incorporated Voltage Regulator, to do the drops needed from the already Low Voltage of Five VDC, 3.3 & 1.8 VDC are needed to run these items of micro computing. A graffics "card" a WiFi card, and all this....

Fits into an Altoids Mints can!!!!!!

They will run several different Distro's of Linux, as well as Android, and a new variation of RISC. They will talk to MS OS, MAC X OS &of course, UNIX, LINUX, etc.

IOW, they cross platforms better than any other devices out there, they were designed that way, from Ground Up!!!!!

To be brief (too late, too late ;) ....) That has kept me off the forums, as a Poster. Lurking, to see if the World has Ended.... And I did not get my notice!

Take Care,

philip

Taku, my friend, remember a PM about electronics? I am there, doing it. Picking it back up after Forty Plus years has been interesting. I bought two Kits and have been working hard on Number One: "learn Electronics", you know, build fifteen different items and reuse the parts, or buy New ones And a Printed Circuit Board, if you want to keep a special item.

lots of relearning my VietNam call sign: Trouble Shooter One, Five, an on the side: Trouble Shooter One Four, lives up in Aloha, Oregon!!!! We have met several times in the past Fifteen Years.... So trouble shooting circuits has kept me busy.

Today, amongst other things, I laid out all the parts, in correct direction, for tomorrows work: a 12Volt to 5Volt regulated circuit, with no ripple, no variant spikes, ready for Kit two: I purchased a "Computer on single board", to be specific, a "BeagleBoneBlack" which is entirely made within the United States of America. These computers are doing a return to retro Computing, they are very similar in Concept, to those First Home built computers, of the Seventies... With several modern variations:

1. Using Micro SD Cards to store the OS.
2. More RAM is available.
3. With the Nano level of Micro Computing, they are full computers, on a single PCB. There is an incorporated Voltage Regulator, to do the drops needed from the already Low Voltage of Five VDC, 3.3 & 1.8 VDC are needed to run these items of micro computing. A graffics "card" a WiFi card, and all this....

Fits into an Altoids Mints can!!!!!!

They will run several different Distro's of Linux, as well as Android, and a new variation of RISC. They will talk to MS OS, MAC X OS &of course, UNIX, LINUX, etc.

IOW, they cross platforms better than any other devices out there, they were designed that way, from Ground Up!!!!!

To be brief (too late, too late ;) ....) That has kept me off the forums, as a Poster. Lurking, to see if the World has Ended.... And I did not get my notice!

Take Care,

philip

That keeps the mind sharp. :s0155:
Wondered why you have been so silent. Sounds like a great pastime.
Good to hear you are well & having fun.:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top