JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You better be careful Nick. Bill Wilson or Ed Brown may see this. Then you'll be doing stuff like this full time.

Seriously, this is beautiful work. Thanks for posting.

Thank you.
I'm tired of working for people, I want to work for myself.
I will hopefully be taking Bob Rodgers 1911 pistolsmithing class next year, along with getting my FFL so I can do work for other people.

I guess I have to break something first then haha. How do you cut and crown the barrel? On the lathe with a countersink or? Couldn't you file the barrel the rest of the way to get it flush?

I indicate the bore until it runs true, then cut with a boring bar from the inside out so it does not leave a bur.

Did a little shooting today. Got some good loads worked up for 115 and 135 grain bayou bullets with some titegroup.
Here's a group at 15 yards, I'm happy with it for how much I paid for the pistol.
DD0A19E5-41D3-43CB-B1F7-AFEDBA184570_zpsjuvdc1fn.jpg

DD0A19E5-41D3-43CB-B1F7-AFEDBA184570_zpsjuvdc1fn.jpg

Last Edited:
I'm having a lot of fun with this one. It's will be nice at matches, 300 rounds of 9mm is A LOT lighter than 300 rounds of .45.

Great post! I too have been really looking at those Citadel's but don't know enough about them. Thanks for the post and your findings. Nice to hear an honest opinion from someone of your knowledge.

Awesome job! Keep us posted.

Great post! I too have been really looking at those Citadel's but don't know enough about them. Thanks for the post and your findings. Nice to hear an honest opinion from someone of your knowledge.

Awesome job! Keep us posted.

Thank you. I'm at about 1000 rounds out of this one so far and can not complain. If I wasn't saving money I would buy the same pistol in .45 and have twins. For the money you can't really lose. I've heard Armscore has good customer service (I think I lost those services in the first week with what I've done so far). I'd say if you wanted to get into a 1911 then to look into these. I wanted it for a project and a learning, if I mess it up I'm not out a lot of money.

I'm not in the business of selling these guns, just a happy customer.

While I'm waiting for payday to order more parts for the the Citadel I decided to clean up some stuff that was really bothering me on my Ruger.
First off I had almost the same messed up vertical line as on the 9mm. My practice frame came out perfect, I'm not sure when I got the messed up line on my last two frames. I will order a few more caspian practice frames and see if I can figure it out.
I fixed it, just took more time than I wanted to spend on it.
4cd7506e45ebc6ac91203261d7bac138_zps4c6971fe.jpg
I also cleaned up the run off and extra lines under the trigger guard.
I finally blended the MSH, I have a little more clean up that I noticed after bead blast.
e337308fd475561d381e1fcaaac7bed4_zpsb325c0ac.jpg
cba3deda6dcd4d428e5cf7683914908e_zpsa5ccecd0.jpg
I should hopefully order a S&A 1 piece magwell and a new grip safety for the 9mm this week.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top