JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I sold a gun and had some gun funds to buy another one. I was deciding between a Sig p6 and a RIA 1911. I went to Fishermans in Delta Park, and they had a Sig P6 in pretty grand condition w/ 2 mags. But they wanted $360 +$10 for the background. I couldn't talk them down, and almost got it, when I spied this...

.... which is a Taurus 94, a 9-shot .22lr revolver. I have sold all my .22's (a stupid thing to do), and realized I would much rather have a gun I can shoot all day than one I can shoot some days. Plus, this will make great training for the next wichaka event.

It was $319.95, and is pretty nice. I have owned several Taurus semi-autos and revolvers before, and have had great experiences with all of them. No FTF's or any other problems with any of them. It locks up very nicely, and has a built-in HiViz sight, which I appreciate. It has a 4" barrel, and is in a Matte Stainless.

So, the only thing that I can find anyone complaining about on the net is the trigger pull. I think it is around 14-15 pounds. Which is heavy. But, I figure if I can master this trigger, I can be successful with any other trigger out there. The pull should lighten down to about 8 pounds after a couple thousand rounds, but I'll see.

Taurus has a lifetime warranty which they will extend to ALL Owners (not just the original). Few gun makers do the same; the only that come to mind are- Glock, Kel-Tec, and Hi-Point....

As for problems...If you subscribe to Gun Tests (kinda expensive, about $35/year) you will see when they test a gun it seems just to be as likely an expensive/"good" gun that will jam as an inexpensive one....

I've shot many taurus', even got my father one for fathers day (a 2" 5shot .38 in titanium alloy or whatever). The 24/7 or whatever its called was one of the nicest shooting 45s out there. I liked it more than my XD.

I almost got one of those and I will get one someday. The wife liked the P22 better so we got that, being that we were looking for a 22 for her to shoot when we went to the range. The irony in that is she likes my G19 so much she shoots it more than the P22 now.

Oh well. Good to hear about the new pistol.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top