JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpg Normally I dont go out and mention my new purchases, however this little gal was a sweet score and the quality for the price I paid is outstanding. Its a CZ999

It is NOT a CZ. Thats the model and the CZ stands for the factory name. This is a Serbian Pistol from Zastava.

Its " reminiscent" of a Sig P226
(kind of) but by looks alone, much like a VZ58 would be when compared to an AK variant.

Sure, there are some rough spots, was a little dirty, but for $300 (and less) its a deal. Now if only I could find an EZ9..

I had the Compact version (which this one looks to be but not 100% sure) & it shot very accurate, and i don't think i ever had a failure. Magazines seemed like good quality.

The particular 999 I owned, had an odd decocker issue though and I couldn't get over it. Basically the decocker would stick on the way down and required pushing forward while down to get past. Never got comfortable with it.

I felt up an EZ9 the other day and it didn't have that issue.

Anyways, do not use harsh chemicals to wipe/clean this pistol down! The finish will start coming off!

You should be able to mag slap & chamber this all day.

When i was feeling up the EZ9 the other day i was really missing this pistol. It's certainly a great value. IMO The P95 is also in the same $300 value too.

I had the Compact version (which this one looks to be but not 100% sure) & it shot very accurate, and i don't think i ever had a failure. Magazines seemed like good quality.

The particular 999 I owned, had an odd decocker issue though and I couldn't get over it. Basically the decocker would stick on the way down and required pushing forward while down to get past. Never got comfortable with it.

I felt up an EZ9 the other day and it didn't have that issue.

Anyways, do not use harsh chemicals to wipe/clean this pistol down! The finish will start coming off!

You should be able to mag slap & chamber this all day.

When i was feeling up the EZ9 the other day i was really missing this pistol. It's certainly a great value. IMO The P95 is also in the same $300 value too.
Oh Im jealous, Im now lusting after an EZ9.
& yes this is the compact CZ999.

All the release mechanisms are a bit stout but I feel with time they'll ease up. The deckocker is certainly an odd motion, its spring loaded and wants to jet back up after its decocked.

And thanks for yhe heads up about solvents, Ill have to keep an eye on the ones I use.

Yeah, that EZ9, especially because of the rail, is something i wouldn't mind having. If you see an EZ9 for 300 bux I wouldn't pass it up.

I looked at the full size 999 for a while, but the two that I tried had a weird "hitch" in the DA portion of the trigger, one a bit worse than the other. It wasn't a deal breaker, would have gotten used to it, but it did feel odd. That said, my only DA/SA gun is a 3rd gen Smith, so I am a bit spoiled. Only other bummer was the lack of grips for them. I didn't expect to find a lot of choices, but I couldn't find a single one, aside from some guy on the 999 page talking about custom ones.

The .40 ones with the ported setup look pretty cool as well, but I would definitely like an EZ for the rail.

I looked at the full size 999 for a while, but the two that I tried had a weird "hitch" in the DA portion of the trigger, one a bit worse than the other. It wasn't a deal breaker, would have gotten used to it, but it did feel odd. That said, my only DA/SA gun is a 3rd gen Smith, so I am a bit spoiled. Only other bummer was the lack of grips for them. I didn't expect to find a lot of choices, but I couldn't find a single one, aside from some guy on the 999 page talking about custom ones.

The .40 ones with the ported setup look pretty cool as well, but I would definitely like an EZ for the rail.
Very true! Your comment about the hitch in the DA pull is spot on. While pulling in DA there is a slight hitch.. Nothing that alters function, but it took some getting used to. SA is a dream, just like my 92FS.. Im wondering if the decocker has something to do with the odd DA trigger pull?

Ill keep playing with it and see.
One of the other odd things is, the hammer will ride up if I hold the trigger back as the slide moves forward (for a trigger reset) I must have the trigger slightly forward in order to allow it to reset and catch the hammer.. That I dont like.. But thats just me power stroking the slide and dry-firing.. When I take it out today we'll see what thats all about when I run ammo through it.

Fellas, she shoots like a dream! I could not miss with her this morning. The weight of her tames much of the (what little there is from 9mm) recoil. The sights are bright, big and dead on. I wont have to worry about drifting the sight at all.

The most difficult part I had to deal with was the magazine release. The way it disengages can push too far to the left side because it's ambidextrous. So pushing it from the right over and over pushed it further towards the left side, making the mag release a little stout and hard push in.. Its a design flaw more than a mechanical flaw on the pistol itself.

Im in love, its as accurate (for me) as 1911s are. Im a happy camper.
Now to get the 4.25 full sized. :D

View attachment 254750 Normally I dont go out and mention my new purchases, however this little gal was a sweet score and the quality for the price I paid is outstanding. Its a CZ999

It is NOT a CZ. Thats the model and the CZ stands for the factory name. This is a Serbian Pistol from Zastava.

Its " reminiscent" of a Sig P226
(kind of) but by looks alone, much like a VZ58 would be when compared to an AK variant.

Sure, there are some rough spots, was a little dirty, but for $300 (and less) its a deal. Now if only I could find an EZ9..

have you run much ammo thru it and how does it cycle ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top