I finally received the grips I ordered for my new-to-me Kahr K40 Elite '03 that I picked up from the forum a couple weeks ago. When I got it the poor gun had been duracoated and then had the coating removed so it needed some touching up. The worst issues were that the sights had been blasted bare when the gun was stripped and that the underside of the dustcover was poorly machined. The sights were an easy fix. I just re-blued them. The dustcover took some more work. As you can see in the pic below the dustcover was in pretty poor condition. There were flat spots, uneven finishes, and the straight lines had been lost due to some over polishing rounding them off. The pic is a bit blurry but you get the idea. I had to sand out the imperfections first. Then I restored the straight lines and bead blasted the finish. It came out as good as new. I also took care of some blemishes and scratches on the gun and then bead blasted the entire gun. I will need to re-blue the back sight again since I buffed off some of the new bluing when I was finishing out the gun. Here are a couple of pics of the newly bead blasted gun with the new grips. The pics are not the greatest. I still have not found my camera so I am having to make do with cell phone pics. Luckily there was some good sunlight today so they are not too terrible.