JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a new Judge ultra light at the gun show today and bought a couple boxes of Federal Premium .410 Handgun 000 buckshot 2 1/2 shells for it.
Everytime I shot it the primer on the shell expanded/bulged so much that I couldn't rotate the cylinder. I had to swing the cylinder open and remove the spent shell so I could shoot the next shot. I ran 10 shots thru it and this happened on every one. When I loaded it with .45 Colt it worked perfect.

Has anyone else had this happen? I wrote an email to Federal to see if they've had this happen to anyone yet. I'm going to pick up some different .410 tomorrow to see if I have better luck.

whats your effective range with the taurus using the .410 shotgun shells. i was really interested in this gun a few months back mainly for the versatility but wasnt sure how effective the range was.

does it really matter for close up self defense? It's not like you're going to use it for 100 yd shots. It's for close up self defense work. From what I've seen in the tests all the pellets from a PDX1 will impact a man size target at 30 feet.

The "Trade Ratings" is low by 3!
Some people just don't post it I guess

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
ACSWW member

i've never understood how a gage like the .410, which is generally barely acceptable for barn rats from a standard shotgun, somehow becomes the harbinger of death when you shoot it from a short barreled pistol.

if this is going to be your SD weapon, i'd definitely stick with 45.govt

i've never understood how a gage like the .410, which is generally barely acceptable for barn rats from a standard shotgun, somehow becomes the harbinger of death when you shoot it from a short barreled pistol.

if this is going to be your SD weapon, i'd definitely stick with 45.govt

That is almost exactly what has been going through my head since i fist heard about this gun.
I don't get it. Not that I would want to be shot with one.
To each their own.

It has something to do with the multiple impact effect. 3 lead balls all impacting at the same time, even at low velocity, is a force multiplier so to speak. Many wondered and snickered about the lowly .32 ACP. Until half a dozen hit a person courtesy of a Czech Skorpion... Before the M4 was all the rage, SWAT teams thought themselves very capably armed with MP-5's delivering short bursts of 9mm.

The birdshot to the face would definitely be disabling by blinding someone. Hitting the face might prove problematical and birdshot is notorious for not penetrating enough if you fire into the torso. I would go with the buckshot or disc loads. That said, its a big gun and I would probably carry a hicap auto or maybe an N Frame 8 shot .357 instead.

It has something to do with the multiple impact effect. 3 lead balls all impacting at the same time, even at low velocity, is a force multiplier so to speak. Many wondered and snickered about the lowly .32 ACP. Until half a dozen hit a person courtesy of a Czech Skorpion... Before the M4 was all the rage, SWAT teams thought themselves very capably armed with MP-5's delivering short bursts of 9mm.

The birdshot to the face would definitely be disabling by blinding someone. Hitting the face might prove problematical and birdshot is notorious for not penetrating enough if you fire into the torso. I would go with the buckshot or disc loads. That said, its a big gun and I would probably carry a hicap auto or maybe an N Frame 8 shot .357 instead.

The .32 ACP started WW1 and ended WW2 . Can't be all that bad.

Penetration on a bad guy will be totally insufficent with the .410 shot loads. For self-defense, stick with the proven .45 Colt round if you are using a Judge for that purpose.

I'd rather give him a face full of 240 grain JHP, but thats just me.

That brings up a good point. Are the Judge revolvers strong like Rugers or will they only handle light cowboy loads? If it will handle 350 grain 1300 fps loads I might consider one for a glovebox tool but if its only cowboy action stuff then it sounds like a piece of bubblegum.

why cant people just stick to good old fashioned pistols? there's no way in **** a .410 judge is a better choice than a 9emem/.40/.45 auto, so why would you sell yourself short for some lame style points?

why cant people just stick to good old fashioned pistols? there's no way in **** a .410 judge is a better choice than a 9emem/.40/.45 auto, so why would you sell yourself short for some lame style points?

Id take 6 rounds of even moderately loaded .45 colt at 600 ft lbs over a whole box full of 9mm and the revolver won't jam on you.

Id take 6 rounds of even moderately loaded .45 colt at 600 ft lbs over a whole box full of 9mm and the revolver won't jam on you.

Taurus Judge only holds 5...

Revolvers can jam too. Firing pin sticks in primer, bullet shifts forward under recoil, spring breaks, casing slips under extractor star, and lets not forget the whole S&W lock fiasco which HAS actually happened to me. That said, I love my S&W revolvers... :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top