JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will be taking my new son (12 years old) to his first gun show this weekend. I will be interested in seeing how interested he is in the whole thing. I guess I have to be prepared to be okay with it if he shows no interest. :)

That's awesome--good for you, both in taking him and being prepared for low expectations. You know they have enough things for all ages that he could find interest in. As long as you have the time to stroll around with him a bit, I bet he'll find something.
For the longest time I didn't know why my son loved going, cuz he didn't last very long at 3-4 yrs old. :s0164: And every time after begging for me to take him, he was wanting to go home shortly after arriving. :s0162: Finally figured out it was cuz he wanted the pistol hand stamp they gave him at the door on the way in. :rolleyes: But he got better... and more expensive...

I am not allowed to take him to a range yet. The adoption has to be final before I can take him shooting.

I'm in the process of adopting also, getting close to finalizing. Where did you hear you can't take him shooting until finalization? I haven't heard that, but my DHS case worker isn't the sharpest knife on the butcher block. We got lots of flack during the homestudy when they found out I have firearms. Are you in Oregon or Washington, maybe that's what makes the difference. If it's not too personal, what kind of adoption are you doing? We went through the Oregon foster system. It's always nice to run into gun guys that have adopted, almost all I've talked to get grilled for having guns.

I am not allowed to take him to a range yet. The adoption has to be final before I can take him shooting.

Awesome PP adoption is a beautiful thing to open your heart and home to a child in need. I salute you.
However I have had dealings with the courts in Washington [custody battle] The courts do NOT like children being exposed to firearms. You might want to wait untill things are finalized. I do not want to rain on your parade, but I dont think I would go to this show, wait dont do anything that might cause a problem with the adoption.
Everything changes when the paperwork is sighned, sealed and delivered. It is sad that it has to be that way, but it is.
I thank you for being the good man that you are. And I beleive in my heart that you will raise this young man to be someone we will all be proud to know
dan10mmman

I am sure your new son will enjoy the gun show experience!

Atleast for my sons; the more energy & enthusiasm I have for any of my hobbies, the more they love to be a part of the hobby. My 8 year old actually loves to go to the Clackamas Gun Broker and check out the store. He reminds me when we are there which rifles he would like...

funny thing is, i rarely see little kids at the gun show.lol

It might be hard to look at guns and look out for your boy at the same time.:s0112:

Have a fun time!!:cool:

Oh man,my favorite places have always been flea market type places.
And gun show fall into that category.All the parts and peices everywhere!So many things to look at!

He should have a blast.(pun not intended)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top