JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's been a year in the planning stage, but the paperwork, parts and time all came together this afternoon to create something absurd and beautiful.

With the stock collapsed it's 18.5" overall:

With an Octane 45 that came in last month:

33 rounds of suppressed "F-You":

It started with a Gen 3 Glock 19 frame that I picked up off Gunbroker, I added a Cominolli manual safety and mated it to an older MechTech 9mm upper. Tom Denall took the barrel down to 9" and added threads for me, just today I cut down the upper receiver itself and the handguard. I went out in the backyard for a function test (which it passed), haven't taken it to the range yet.

NCM_0031_zps5350819f.jpg NCM_0030_zpsb44a6885.jpg NCM_0033_zps5e538d78.jpg

Last Edited:
Went out in the backyard this afternoon and sighted it in. 25 yards (the longest I can safely get here), I put another 60 rounds through it and by the end got 1-1.5" groups with UMC 115 gr, suppressor on. Good enough for a pistol caliber carbine!

NCM_0036_zpsc49a1102.jpg NCM_0037_zpsccbbd74f.jpg NCM_0038_zps43a043d2.jpg

I've got a Mech-Tech upper and it'll never win any beauty contests, but you know blowback actions just plain work.

I've tried loading down range ammo to absurdly small powder charges but that Mech-Tech still cycles them, and my Osprey on the end quiets them to nearly inaudible. At last I've discovered a reason to buy cheap aluminum-cased Blazer ammo: even at 3 grains of powder (in a .45ACP), it's enough pressure to stretch the case and seal it, so there's no blow-by.

Why not give it a try and tell me how quiet your new "pistol" can get when you're launching them at 500 fps or so. It's still got more than enough penetration to deal with yard pests, and there's no appreciable drop at 25 yds.

I've got a Mech-Tech upper and it'll never win any beauty contests, but you know blowback actions just plain work.

I've tried loading down range ammo to absurdly small powder charges but that Mech-Tech still cycles them, and my Osprey on the end quiets them to nearly inaudible. At last I've discovered a reason to buy cheap aluminum-cased Blazer ammo: even at 3 grains of powder (in a .45ACP), it's enough pressure to stretch the case and seal it, so there's no blow-by.

Why not give it a try and tell me how quiet your new "pistol" can get when you're launching them at 500 fps or so. It's still got more than enough penetration to deal with yard pests, and there's no appreciable drop at 25 yds.

Interesting idea. I just ordered 500 round of 147gr from Freedom Munitions, I'll look for some aluminum Blazer the next time I'm out and about.

I'm about to add a SIG brace and side folder to this... will be a paperless and fully legal "SBR", legally a pistol so I can CCW with it in a violin case when I'm out and about

1ec3a696d0882e27b616.jpg

So----the G19 frame is the SBR? You can put different uppers on it, or even run it as a pistol
with a buttstock and vertical foregrip?

I'm about to add a SIG brace and side folder to this... will be a paperless and fully legal "SBR", legally a pistol so I can CCW with it in a violin case when I'm out and about

View attachment 106612

Atleast until the BATF changes their minds,,, o_O

So----the G19 frame is the SBR? You can put different uppers on it, or even run it as a pistol
with a buttstock and vertical foregrip?

Yes, lower is serialized just like AR lower.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top