Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My new Ruger P95

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by rds801, Nov 6, 2009.

1. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

Just picked it up on Wednesday. Will be a while before I can take it out and put some ammo through it.

ruger_p95_01.jpg

ruger_p95.jpg

2. smonk

smonk Oregon Member

It's a solid choice. There are lots of hi-cap mags available for that model and I've found that P95's are not finicky. The aftermarket mags seem to work fine - even the 33 rounders. And Ruger's are very durable. I bet you won't wear it out!

For the money, I don't think you can beat a P95.

3. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

I agree! I don't have one but if one does come my way, I'll grab it like a dog would grab a steak! Good choice!

4. benja455

benja455 Seattle, WA Member

I've had mine in stainless for several months now. About 300 - 400 rounds down the pipe, not a single FTE or FTF. Truly flawless. The only problem is that there's not SERPA holster for it yet (supposedly coming out in Feb).

PS - I got the Hogue grips, they don't make a huge difference but they are probably worthwhile. If you register your gun's serial number with Ruger on the website, you'll get a discount on accessories (including the grips).

5. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

One thing I never do is to register any of my toys' serial numbers with the manufacturer. When the "gun-grabbers" decide it is time to take in all guns, I want to make them work as hard as possible! So, I will not give them any shortcust!