Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

My new Ruger P95

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by rds801, Nov 6, 2009.

1. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

Just picked it up on Wednesday. Will be a while before I can take it out and put some ammo through it.

ruger_p95_01.jpg

ruger_p95.jpg

2. smonk

smonk Oregon Member

It's a solid choice. There are lots of hi-cap mags available for that model and I've found that P95's are not finicky. The aftermarket mags seem to work fine - even the 33 rounders. And Ruger's are very durable. I bet you won't wear it out!

For the money, I don't think you can beat a P95.

3. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

I agree! I don't have one but if one does come my way, I'll grab it like a dog would grab a steak! Good choice!

4. benja455

benja455 Seattle, WA Member

I've had mine in stainless for several months now. About 300 - 400 rounds down the pipe, not a single FTE or FTF. Truly flawless. The only problem is that there's not SERPA holster for it yet (supposedly coming out in Feb).

PS - I got the Hogue grips, they don't make a huge difference but they are probably worthwhile. If you register your gun's serial number with Ruger on the website, you'll get a discount on accessories (including the grips).

5. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

One thing I never do is to register any of my toys' serial numbers with the manufacturer. When the "gun-grabbers" decide it is time to take in all guns, I want to make them work as hard as possible! So, I will not give them any shortcust!