JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up my Sig P938 Nightmare from the LGS on Saturday, SN: 52A0185XX, BOD 9-25-2012. Came with a single 7 round mag, not a 6 for some reason. Having spent lots of time following the (mis)adventures of P938 owners who were in the public beta, I was pretty happy to see a nice, high serial on mine. It looks like everything that is 8800 or so and up is good. All the improvements that other owners had performed on their guns by Sig under warranty are on mine.

I took it to the range this morning, and pushed 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 115, and 100 rounds of UMC 115 through it with not a single hiccup. After the first 50 of each, I tried some WWB 115. Wouldn't go more than 1, maybe 2 rounds without a failure to feed. Put another 50 each of Blazer and UMC through it, and switched back to WWB. Seems fine now, leaving it at 250 rounds without a cleaning. I really wanted to get some 147 to run through it, but nobody had any on their shelves, I guess I'll give that a go with the Critical Defense I have on order when they come in. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship :s0155:

I got an extreme with the high serial number, I was very impressed as well, are you carrying this, if you are what holster system are you gonna get.

I'm still snooping around for a holster, right now I just have a lefty Uncle Mikes Size 1 IWB in the small of my back (right hand draw). It actually seems like it'd be ok, I've been toting it everywhere since I got it. I do want to get something else, I just haven't found anything else lefty to try it on yet....

I finally got a few pics, they aren't the best, but you get the idea ;-)

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

I am in the process of looking for my first concealed carry everyday gun and the P938 is on the top of my list.

Since this will be my first everyday gun I am concerned with having to carry "cocked and locked". Have you run into any problems with carrying the P938 this way ?

Thanks

I've been toting mine most everywhere since I got it, getting used to the whole cocked & locked thing, and honestly, I'm already quite comfortable with it. My current carry is a Smith 3913, a DA/SA with a decocker, so this is new to me. I'll be happily carrying the little Nightmare as soon as I can prove in my Crit D ammo. The trigger pull, which I initially found heavy, now seems perfect, I'm sold on this thing. Where are you located? If you are down in southwest WA I'd be happy to let you try out mine.

The 938 in question is my Nightmare, I almost ordered some wood grips online, but I decided I wanted actual Sig ones. Rosewood, Blackwood, Diamondwood, whatever I come across first. I love the feel of the G10s, but a 1911ish pistols of all sorts just seem to need wood grips...

Is the holster open bottom? It looks like it should have fair retention at the trigger guard, I'm surprised the little Sig fills out that big of a holster so well.

I want a sig p938 so bad! I have a p238 and love that little gun to death. It is extremely accurate and tons of fun to shoot. I have yet to get my hands on the 938 and am curious how much bigger it feels?

I had initially looked at P238s, and found them great shooting little pistols. The 938 feels even better, in my fairly average size hands it ended up making the P238 feel a little too small. I would happily carry either, but the 938 just felt a little bit better. If you end up in Vancouver at some point I'd be happy to let you try it out if I can work it into my schedule. I LOVE this little pistol!